parametersSmiley TongueATH:"/app:company_home" AND TYPE:"cm:content"

I'm sure there's something,but the result is zero

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: lucene search does not work

Jump to solution

The query in itself is guaranteed to never match anything. You are looking for a node at a very specific path that should be a document-like type without allowing the query to include any result below that path (e.g. files inside a folder). The path that you use explicitly addresses a folder, so by combining that with the type condition you get zero results.

The query should be:

PATH:"/app:company_home//*" AND TYPE:"cm:content"

(to match all documents anywhere below the Company Home node (root). But honestly speaking, if you perform that query you could also simply drop the path since in a standard Alfresco you will never find any cm:content in a different root path.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

The query in itself is guaranteed to never match anything. You are looking for a node at a very specific path that should be a document-like type without allowing the query to include any result below that path (e.g. files inside a folder). The path that you use explicitly addresses a folder, so by combining that with the type condition you get zero results.

The query should be:

PATH:"/app:company_home//*" AND TYPE:"cm:content"

(to match all documents anywhere below the Company Home node (root). But honestly speaking, if you perform that query you could also simply drop the path since in a standard Alfresco you will never find any cm:content in a different root path.

GiuseppeAcquaro
Member II

Jump to solution

Hello Afus master,

i have a similar problem.

My lucene query is:

+PATH:"/app:company_home/myFolder/* " AND ( KEYWORDS\:"with")

In myFolder there is a file text with this content:

Document with attachment.

The query does not return the file.

Buf, if i use this query:

+PATH:"/app:company_home/myFolder/* " AND ( KEYWORDS\:"with attachment")

or i use this query:

+PATH:"/app:company_home/myFolder/* " AND ( KEYWORDS\:"Document with")

The query return the file.

What could be the problem?

Thank you,

Giuseppe

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

The word "with" is a stop / fill word. It is so common that it is "worthless" from a search perspective. For that reason, it is transparently filtered out both during indexing and querying. That is why you only find your document when you add additional search terms - you are only matching on those, not ther combination with "with".