Manage Permissions of a document, how to remove a Site Group from Locally Set Permissions?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rachtenk
Member II

Manage Permissions of a document, how to remove a Site Group from Locally Set Permissions?

Jump to solution

In Manage Permissions of a document, I have followed these instructions:

Managing file and folder permissions | Alfresco Documentation  

I have added Site groups (e.g. SiteCollaborator, SiteConsumer, SiteContributor, SiteManager) and changed the roll of the group for a specific document. E.g. Making the document read only:

SiteCollaborator = Consumer

SiteContributor = Consumer

However, I want to remove (revoke permission on) these groups. There is no delete button available in "Actions". How can these Site groups be removed?

Thanks,
Regards,

Rach

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rachtenk
Member II

Re: Manage Permissions of a document, how to remove a Site Group from Locally Set Permissions?

Jump to solution

[SOLVED] 

1. Select "Manage Permissions" of a document > Turn "Inherit Permission" back on > "Save". You will now have both Inherit Permission and "Add User/Group" Permissions. 

2. Select "Manage Permissions" of a document again > Delete will now be available in the Actions Column of the "Add User/Group" Permissions. Delete appropriate groups > "Save".  

3. Select "Manage Permissions" of a document again > Turn "Inherit Permission" off > Yes

4. "Add User/Group" as required > "Save". 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rachtenk
Member II

Re: Manage Permissions of a document, how to remove a Site Group from Locally Set Permissions?

Jump to solution

[SOLVED] 

1. Select "Manage Permissions" of a document > Turn "Inherit Permission" back on > "Save". You will now have both Inherit Permission and "Add User/Group" Permissions. 

2. Select "Manage Permissions" of a document again > Delete will now be available in the Actions Column of the "Add User/Group" Permissions. Delete appropriate groups > "Save".  

3. Select "Manage Permissions" of a document again > Turn "Inherit Permission" off > Yes

4. "Add User/Group" as required > "Save".