Manipulating aspect properties and searches?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kartech11
Active Member II

Manipulating aspect properties and searches?

1. Is there a way to find out what all documents are using a property within my aspect? How do I search for this. The only examples I see are searching for values within fields. I only want to list documents that have values in a particular property within my aspect.

2. Is there a way to delete an aspect? If documents are referring the aspect do I need to remove the aspect from those documents before deleting an aspect?

3. Can I delete a property alone within an aspect?

2 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Re: Manipulating aspect properties and searches?

Hi:

1. You can type in Share Search something like ASPECT:"qshare:shared" (for example), where the text between " is the name of your custom aspect. This should show all objects within this aspect. But if you only want to list documents that have values in a particular property within my aspect, you can search by this property @mySmiley Tongueroperty:"apple"

Search for fields | Alfresco Documentation 

2. If you refer to that you want to delete / deactivate a content model with an aspect, you should clean your documents, with these aspects. This clean may be done directly in Alfresco Share or via script in JS Console. Then you can deactivate your model and delete it.

3. If you are saying about updating a content model with an aspect, deleting a property of the older defined... you can do, once the old model is deleted / deactivated. 

Regards.

--C.

HINT: Take care about Alfresco and SOLR logs too.

livier
Active Member II

Re: Manipulating aspect properties and searches?

Hi

I developped a custom model type and a custom aspects

I've changed my share-custom-config.xml file so that I can view my customs' properties in the advanced search tool

When I search documents using my custom model type properties I get good results

But when I search documents using my aspects properties, I have no results, 0 documents retreived.

Help please.

Thanks in advanced