Max value of system.acl.maxPermissionCheckTimeMillis and system.acl.maxPermissionCheck

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anujsharma
Active Member II

Max value of system.acl.maxPermissionCheckTimeMillis and system.acl.maxPermissionCheck

Jump to solution

In alfresco , i want to retrieve all data using a webscript that has a cmis query.

for small folders i am getting the data
but for large folders, the data is not getting fetched.

this is maybe due to system.acl.maxPermissionCheckTimeMillis  and system.acl.maxPermissionCheck in the repository.properties file.

What is the maximum value that can be set for these two properties ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Max value of system.acl.maxPermissionCheckTimeMillis and system.acl.maxPermissionCheck

Jump to solution

The maximum value is determined by the Java type used for these properties. "maxPermissionCheckTimeMillis" is a long and "maxPermissionCheck" is an int, so the limits are 2^63 - 1 and 2^31 - 1 respectively.

You should never have to change these settings though - it is always recommended to fetch reasonably sized extracts of a larger search result and use pagination if you need additional data. At a certain amount of results loaded in a single operation - depending on the configuration of caches - you will also run into issues with transactional cache sizes being too small, causing unconditional clearance of global caches which will tank system performance.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Max value of system.acl.maxPermissionCheckTimeMillis and system.acl.maxPermissionCheck

Jump to solution

The maximum value is determined by the Java type used for these properties. "maxPermissionCheckTimeMillis" is a long and "maxPermissionCheck" is an int, so the limits are 2^63 - 1 and 2^31 - 1 respectively.

You should never have to change these settings though - it is always recommended to fetch reasonably sized extracts of a larger search result and use pagination if you need additional data. At a certain amount of results loaded in a single operation - depending on the configuration of caches - you will also run into issues with transactional cache sizes being too small, causing unconditional clearance of global caches which will tank system performance.

anujsharma
Active Member II

Re: Max value of system.acl.maxPermissionCheckTimeMillis  and system.acl.maxPermissionCheck

Jump to solution

yes you are right  i am getting warnings in the log like below:-

WARN  [org.alfresco.repo.cache.TransactionalCache.org.alfresco.cache.node.nodesTransactionalCache] Transactional update cache 'org.alfresco.cache.node.nodesTransactionalCache' is full (50000).

are there any tutorial for pagination for a js based webscript ?

Also i am getting this error inconsistently:-

Caused by: org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: TypeError: Cannot read property "length" from null
how to resolve this ?

i am using alfresco version 3.4

Thank you

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Oh wow - that is a somewhat "ancient" version of Alfresco.

You can learn about JavaScript search pagination in the documentation of the "search" root scope object and its "query" operation. But you will not avoid the issue with the transactional cache by doing multiple paginated queries in one ReST API call - you should adapt the client to call the web script each time you want to load the next page of results.

The EcmaError is a very generic error pointing you to a programming error in your script. You are trying to get the "length" property of an object / string / array that may be null. You should check that against null before you access that property.