Maximum Memory display different

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billydekid
Established Member II

Maximum Memory display different

Jump to solution

Hi,

I was found my memory data on system information (Alfresco 5.2) different with actual server's memory.

If I'm not mistaken, the Maximum Memory (GB) is the heap space memory setting on Tomcat Java setting JAVA_OPTS="-Xms512M -Xmx16g $JAVA_OPTS " (ALFDIR/tomcat/bin/setenv.sh).

My configuration set -Xmx to 16 GB, but it displays 0.97 GB as shown below.

From catalina.out is also show 0.97GB:
catalina.out: 2018-03-28 17:10:16,468 INFO [service.descriptor.DescriptorService] [localhost-startStop-1] Alfresco JVM - v1.8.0_131-b11; maximum heap size 990.750MB

How can I fix this issue?

Since I still got a java heap space issue as discussed here Java heap space issue on Solr4 .

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
billydekid
Established Member II

Re: Maximum Memory display different

Jump to solution

I finally found the correct configuration, it was set on /opt/alfresco-community/tomcat/scripts/ctl.sh.

That configuration is for Alfresco 5.2.

And for version 5.1 is configured in /opt/alfresco-community/tomcat/bin/setenv.sh.

As far as I know, Alfresco 5.2 installation will set an half setting of Xmx size of current server memory size which is configured in /opt/alfresco-community/tomcat/bin/setenv.sh. But, the final memory configuration used is actually come from /opt/alfresco-community/tomcat/scripts/ctl.sh script setting. CMIIW.

Thank you,

1 Reply
billydekid
Established Member II

Re: Maximum Memory display different

Jump to solution

I finally found the correct configuration, it was set on /opt/alfresco-community/tomcat/scripts/ctl.sh.

That configuration is for Alfresco 5.2.

And for version 5.1 is configured in /opt/alfresco-community/tomcat/bin/setenv.sh.

As far as I know, Alfresco 5.2 installation will set an half setting of Xmx size of current server memory size which is configured in /opt/alfresco-community/tomcat/bin/setenv.sh. But, the final memory configuration used is actually come from /opt/alfresco-community/tomcat/scripts/ctl.sh script setting. CMIIW.

Thank you,