kumaraswamy
Member II

Migrate from sharepoint 2010 to alfresco community

I want to migrate data from sharepoint 2010 to alfresco community

7 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Migrate from sharepoint 2010 to alfresco community

Good on you. Do you have any approach in mind? Is there any question that you need answered? Are you looking for professional support? Often it is a good idea to include a question / inquiry in these things...

jsimonet
Active Member II

Hello,

You can check this:

https://addons.alfresco.com/addons/openmigrate

Hope its helpful!

jpotts
Professional

Pretty sure you have to be a customer of TSG to use OpenMigrate, but correct me if I am wrong.

jpotts
Professional

There are as many ways to migrate from Sharepoint to Alfresco as there are people who want to migrate from Sharepoint to Alfresco, which is to say, a lot.

You've given us very little to go on, but basically you have to worry about two things: (1) Getting stuff out of Sharepoint and (2) Getting stuff into Alfresco.

Sharepoint 2010 is quite old. You may find that tools like Apache ManifoldCF, which have Sharepoint connectors, don't work so well with Sharepoint 2010 (at least that was my experience). When that has been the case, I've used SPListX, a third-party tool, to do the export. It can handle sites, sub-sites, lists, and all of the metadata.

When metadata is not a concern (you just want the files, for example) there are other tools that expose SharePoint as a file share, so you could just drag-and-drop files out of SharePoint.

Now, to get the exported data into Alfresco, you have lots of options. If you are just moving files over you could just map an Alfresco CIFS or Alfresco WebDAV drive and do the copy. But many people want to move the files and the metadata. A common way to do that is the Bulk File System Import Tool. But you can also write your own import tool using a CMIS library from Apache Chemistry.

If you want to continue to use Sharepoint while you migrate to Alfresco, then you need something that can do continuous replication/synch. In that case you might look at something like Simflofy.

Hopefully this has given you some ideas. If you run into problems or have further questions, please create a very specific post with as much detail as you can provide and we'll try to help.

shanavas
Member II

have you got any solution for migrating SharePoint contents to Alfresco? Please do share if you have any... it would be a great help for us. Thanks in advance.

afaust
Master

Jeff did provide a lot of pointers / information - did you follow up on any of these before asking?

hardik_thakkar
Active Member II

I have similar kind of requirement to migrate document from sharepoint 2013 to Alfresco community.
I'm using ootb bulk upload utility tool and it works fine for major version documents.

Ootb bulk upload tool is not supporting minor(e.g. 1.2, 1.3) version upload, can anyone help me for the same? how can we do that using any ootb/freeware tool?