Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidm
Active Member II

Migration from 5.0 to dockerized 6.1 Alfresco

Jump to solution

Hi,

i am planning a migration from Alfresco 4.2 Enterprise to Alfresco 6.1 Enterprise with docker. The migration plan to follow is 4.2 > 5.0 > 6.1 but i am not sure how to go from v5.0 to dockerized Alfresco 6.1.

Is there any documentation or something that i can read about?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Migration from 5.0 to dockerized 6.1 Alfresco

Jump to solution
5 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution
davidm
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks Angel, great post !

nadeaumr
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi,

Are you looking to migrate your production environment this way? 

because unless your planning to deploy with helm chart container in AWS, the other option (docker compose) is for test.

See alfresco documentation:

Alfresco Content Services is designed to be deployed using Docker images that are packaged in Helm charts (as a deployment template for your specific deployment needs), or Docker Compose (for test and development environments only); there is no GUI installer.

For myself, as i was not ready to upload it to the cloud, my only option was to deploy (production) with the zipfile.

Regards,

Marc

davidm
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I dont understand why docker-compose is only for non-productions environments. Also when you request an alfresco enterprise 30days-trial, Alfresco respose with a docker-compose.yml file. For apply in a production environment you only would need load a valid license.

So, i just read the documentation and it is clear, you need a helm chart file to deploy in a production environment but, how can i generate this file?

Thx.

nadeaumr
Customer

Jump to solution

Hi,

I don't know how to generate the files but i know that you either need to put a Kubernetes environment in your local network or use AWS to deploy into the cloud with a predefine template from alfresco. 

https://aws.amazon.com/fr/quickstart/architecture/alfresco-content-services/

The only problem is that this template is only for ACS 5.2. There is no option to choose the version. It is very confusing and Alfresco should explain this situation.