ACS6.x is fully based on Docker and docker-compose. You need to get some understanding of these two.
Follow these docs to understand and get idea about docker and docker-compose:
2- Docker File: https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/builder/
2- Docker compose: https://docs.docker.com/compose/
3- A nice read: https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-blog/deploying-and-running-alfresco-content-se...
Docker is available for download here:
ACS6.x onwards SDK4.x is recommended. Visit this doc to get the understanding of sdk4.x project stucture:
You would be required to upgrade your current sdk to sdk4, Visit this post to get some idea on how to upgrade the sdk:
Finally, the high level upgrade steps:
- Shut down your existing instance so no new content is created.
- Download acs community: https://www.alfresco.com/products/community/download
- Launch/Install the ACS 6.x via docker-compose.
- Export database dump from your existing environment (5.x)
- Restore the 6.x database from exported dumpn
- Update alfresco-global.properties file in 6.x installation so that it points to the alf_data folder of existing environment .
- Apply your customizations
- Start the ACS6.x
I would recommend to visit the below given posts on upgrade process:
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)