Module browser - Not showing amps installed on ACS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Einar

Module browser - Not showing amps installed on ACS

Hi!

I have noticed that when installing AMP-files on the repository and share, if I look at the Module browser within share Admin tools, it only shows share modules and not repo modules.

When using the Alfresco-mmt tool to list all installed AMPs, they show up fine in both Share and Repo. (Functionality also works)

The documention indicates that it should be displayed for ACS: (https://docs.alfresco.com/content-services/6.1/install/zip/amp/)

"AMPs are used to package customizations and extensions for deployment. Use the Module Browser page to view all the AMPs that have been applied to Content Services."

Am I missing something? Is it affected by type of archetype used for the AMP? (e.g AIO or Share) Seems pointless to use Module browser if it is not reliable. Yet, it is very nice to not have to go into the container each time to list extensions.

For info I'm running ACS and Share in different containers with docker-compose, if that has any implications.

Appreciate any help!

8 Replies
ash_saxena10
Partner

Re: Module browser - Not showing amps installed on ACS

Module browser page will show you only share modules . If you want to view the repo modules then browse to below admin console url's module packages section . Please find a snapshot for reference 

https://<hostname>:<port>/alfresco/s/enterprise/admin/admin-systemsummary

image.png

Einar

Thanks for taking the time to write an answer!

If that is the case it should be made more clear in the Documentation IMO since it says otherwise at the moment. (Should that be reported somewhere specific?)

I'm guessing that functionality is not available in the community version? So if using the community version then you are stuck with manually going in and using the alfresco-mmt tool?

ash_saxena10
Partner

I think alfresco administration console is accessible from community version also . Access alfresco by http://<hostname >:<port>/alfresco , you will get following screen click on admin console Url  . Navigate to bottom of System summary page as shown in previous snapshot , you will be able to view repo modules there .

image.png

Einar

It is indeed accessable from the community version. But I can only see a fraction of the information shown on your picture on that page. So I suspect it is limited to Enterprise versions.

Einar

Follow up question: When adding extensions to the platform with .jar files into folder $TOMCAT/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib do they not show up when listing extensions with alfresco-mmt tool?

I just added a .jar file to the platform and the functionality works. However, it does not show up on the listed installed extension. Seems very strange that there would be no way at all to check what extensions are installed on platform when using community edition.

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Community version will display very limited info. The screenshot above seems to be taken from enterprise version. 

However, there is a community version of support tools module. You can install that and it will display close to same info as the enterprise version.

https://github.com/OrderOfTheBee/ootbee-support-tools

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
pasterzop
Member II

I think alfresco administration console is accessible from community version also   techzpod download mobdro

cesarista
Customer

Hi:

Only to confirm, Enterprise version shows info about the AMPs or JAR modules installed in the main page of the Console, but Community is not.

You can check in Community via alfresco-mmt.jar, but if you do not have access, but have the OOTB Support Tools addon installed, you can inspect the logs of the last Alfresco startup (from loj4j config). They should appear all the installed AMPS and modules in the startup service logs.

Also, this endpoint may give you info about the installed addons in the repo.

/alfresco/api/discovery

Regards.

--C.