Move alf_data/contentstore/2016 to another storage

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sistemi
Active Member II

Move alf_data/contentstore/2016 to another storage

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to copy all data contained in one or more "year folder" of Alfresco contenstore (path alf_data/contenstore/year ) to another storage device by synchronizing all data and then mounting the new device to the same path. This operation would be performed with Alfresco services stopped.

I am running out of space in the global alf_data storage device, so I am trying to find how to archive or move old data.

2 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Move alf_data/contentstore/2016 to another storage

If you can symlink the year folder into the content store then yes, you can do something like this to move parts of the content to a different storage location without significant changes to Alfresco.

Another option - which does not require you to split the data on an arbitrary mark - is to configure a separate content store for the new location and use an aggregating content store to combine both the default and new content store into a single view.

Alfresco by default provides an implementation of an aggregating content store, though the required XML configuration is a bit involved. I have built an addon that bundles various content store implementations and makes it simpler to configure them.

sistemi
Active Member II

Re: Move alf_data/contentstore/2016 to another storage

Thanks Axel for your answer. Your addon looks very interesting, I'll try it in a test environment!