cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksawant005
Member II

Moving folders with default user permissions

Hello,

I have created a site and added new members in different groups. 

I have created a folder Sales and inside Sales there are sub-folders with respective user names.

I want only the person who creates the sub-folder should access it. E.g. If Greg creates the folder then only he should be able to view it and not any one else. Same goes with Maria, only she should be able to view her own content.

I am able to do this.

Now I want to move the sub-folders to another folder (purchase).

1. I want to apply the permissions by default when the sub-folder is made by the users. (e.g. Greg gets his permissions to the sub-folder by default )

2. When the sub-folder is moved to another folder(purchase), the user roles and folder permissions should also move with the sub-folder. (e.g. Greg created the sub-folder, his user permissions should also move with the sub-folder to another folder(purchase), where only he is able to view/access it)

This should be constant through out the process till the process end.

Also I do not want to code in this. How can I do this without coding ??

6 Replies
ksawant005
Member II

Re: Moving folders with default user permissions

Can someone please help me on this ?

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Use user home folders.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
ksawant005
Member II

I searched for the user home folders but it seem to be custom change. I do not want to code.  
I also did not get proper details on user home folders. Can you please help on this. Smiley Happy

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Just click "My Files" link in Share web application and it's done.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
ksawant005
Member II

Hello,

I tried creating the folders in the user home folders. But it is not serving my purpose.

The user(Greg) creates a sub-folder inside his user home folder. Later, he moves this sub-folder to another main folder(purchase). I have given user(Greg) permission to Purchase Folder, yet user(Greg) is unable to view the Purchase folder. Greg should be only able to view his contents in purchase folder as well.

I tried to give all the user permission to the folder, yet the user is not able to view any other folder.

I also tried to move the sub-folder to a folder in a site, but there the users are able to view other users contents as well, which I do not want. Smiley Sad

Please help me to sort this issue.

ksawant005
Member II

any update on this?