Moving nodes, dividing them into multiple nodes instead of one?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andma86
Member II

Moving nodes, dividing them into multiple nodes instead of one?

Hi!

First of all, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to Alfresco and I'm not a Java-developer.

I've been assigned a task to look into the possibilities of archiving information from an old "Alfresco Community 4.2.0"-installation. The function for exporting information to ACP-files seems to be good enough, but the problem is we have bunch of content (?) nodes inside another node. It doesn't seem like the export function can handle that many nodes at one time.

However, if we could move nodes (not one node at a time), dividing them into multiple nodes instead of one, the export function would do the trick.

What would be the easiest way to move many nodes at a single time?

Could it be done using some kind of SQL-query targeting the database? Maybe change some parent node ID?

Any help would be appreciated!

Markus

3 Replies
kaynezhang
Advanced

Re: Moving nodes, dividing them into multiple nodes instead of one?

I'm sorry I don't understand what you want to achieve ,do you want to archive some of nodes or change the parent-children relation of some nodes?

You'd better operate these nodes using api instead of using sql directly.

andma86
Member II

Hi,

And thank you for replying!

I want to change the parent-children relation for certain nodes.

Is it "dangerous" to change the value of column "parent_node_id" in table "alf_child_assoc" using SQL?

What API can I use to change parent-children relation in Community 4.2.0?

kaynezhang
Advanced

Not that dangerous ,but It'will cause that solr is not consistent with repository. you need to rebuild solr index.
If you want to change change the parent-children relation using sql ,make sure you backup your database before executing the sql and restart your alfresco and rebuild solr index .

Or you can choose open cmis api (https://chemistry.apache.org/java/opencmis.html) using move method of document/folder class.