Moving site developed in share from one server to another server

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prashidhashrest
Active Member II

Moving site developed in share from one server to another server

I have just finished a project which needed a site developed. I need to move it from the current server to a remote server.

Can anyone please help me with it.

7 Replies
kintu_barot

Re: Moving site developed in share from one server to another server

What is there on the site?

If it contains only documents and folders you can do it by downloading the site as zip and create the same at the remote server or you could have created the site directly on the remote server. To provide you with the better option please, let me know what your site is containing?

Regards,

Kintu

ContCentric

Regards,
Kintu
prashidhashrest
Active Member II

Thanks for quick response.

Its is a customised site with smart folders controlling where the documents are stored with custom permissions and display as well.

To explain i have customised landing page after the user login to the site dashboard rather than user dashboard and many other. I already have a tested share site ready to be moved but I have no idea on how to move it. Plus i am also working on very tight timeline.

Regards,

Prashidha Shrestha

kintu_barot

If you have made all these customizations directly to the instance then it is going to be difficult to move to the production/remote.

I would recommend you to package all these customizations in the form of AMP/JAR using alfresco sdk.

Directly making changes into the server share/repo is not recommended.

It will be easier to deploy any damn customization. 

Regards,

Kintu

ContCentric

Regards,
Kintu
prashidhashrest
Active Member II

Is it possible to create share.war file and then move it remote server and then install it there. Meanwhile I will work on creating a AMP/JAR files as you suggested.

Regards,

Prashidha Shrestha

kintu_barot

In case of only customizations you have made to share, I would say yes to share.war.

Another way to directly implement the customization is through the extension, you can put your custom share side stuff at

tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/web-extension/

and repo side at

tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/extension/

It will be easier for you to move the stuff from one server to another without affecting the existing and new server.

Regards,

Kintu

ContCentric

Regards,
Kintu
prashidhashrest
Active Member II

Hello Kintu,

I have created share.amp file and moved it in remote server and tried to install it using MMT. I used the command below to install it.

To install individual AMP files,

java -jar alfresco-mmt.jar install share-example.amp share.amp -preview

when running this command I got an error "alfresco 05060000 error: the amp will overwrite an existing file in the war '/js/example/widgets/templates/TemplateWidgets.html. execution halted".

When i googled the problem, i found the solution was to use -force as options

java -jar alfresco-mmt.jar install share-example.amp share.amp -force

with the above command it worked perfectly.

But after it executed, nothing really changed in share.

I did exactly as mentioned in the documentation. https://docs.alfresco.com/5.2/tasks/amp-install.html

Is there anything I might have missed somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

kintu_barot

Did you remove <ALF-HOME>/tomcat/webapps/share and <ALF-HOME>/tomcat/webapps/alfresco folders after applying amps?

If you did not do then please, try removing these two folders right after applying your amps and then start your server.

Regards,

Kintu

ContCentric

Regards,
Kintu