cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex_c
Member II

multiple metadata models

Hello,

is it possible to use different metadata models? for example to install alfresco enterprise on different managed servers and each server to use a different metadata model and content?

thank you

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: multiple metadata models

You can have as many metadata models as you like, and each server can have its own set of models, which may not be identical. BUT: If you are using Alfresco Enterprise and creating a cluster out of multiple servers, you really should keep the models in-sync across all the servers, as otherwise there may be inconsistencies in behaviour or even non-working features due to lack of the model for a specific node being accessed.

alex_c
Member II

Hi Axel, thank you for your answer, at least i know that it is possible.

I have an alfresco domain on weblogic, but the managed servers are not in cluster, and  i am  trying to configure them to use different metadata models, but i didn't get that far yet, i only found the documentation how to install on a domain.

I also thought about other options, like:

-installing multiple alfresco domains on the same server or

-use multi-tenancy 

but i'm not sure what would be the best option. i'm a beginner with alfresco...

alex_c
Member II

Axel Faust‌ do i have to use what is called multiple content stores in order to use multiple metadata models? also, do i need a database for each server/each metadata ?

i didn't find this kind of arhitecture in alfresco documenataion

afaust
Master

You typically have one database and one content store per server. The number / amount of metadata models you have in a particular server does not have an impact on the number of content stores / databases. You can set up a server with more than one content stores and have rules / conditions on which content store will be used to store files, but that is a rather advanced configuration option.

You do know that the latest versions of Alfresco are no longer supported for deployment on WebLogic? You can do it of course, but any adaptions / configuration changes you might have to do to get it working, you'll have to come up with yourself.