Multiple relation between nodes possible?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
odpas

Multiple relation between nodes possible?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have been searching but I didn't find the feature I was looking for. Is it possible in Alfresco anyway to establish relations between nodes? I

know that the common possible relation are:

Node Associations

There are two types of associations:

• Parent to Child associations - these are for example folder to file associations where deleting the folder will cascade delete its children.
  • Peer to Peer - an example could be article to image associations where deleting the article does not affect the related image node(s). These associations are also referred to as source to target associations.

But is it possible to have, for example, one node, with a relationship with another several nodes that are no related to him (no parent nor children), so, If I retrieve this node, and search for his related nodes, I will get a list of them.

Is this possible?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Multiple relation between nodes possible?

Jump to solution

What you are asking is the "peer to peer" association. They are navigable / retrievable, but they are not searachble via the fulltext search capabilities.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: Multiple relation between nodes possible?

Jump to solution

What you are asking is the "peer to peer" association. They are navigable / retrievable, but they are not searachble via the fulltext search capabilities.