Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anakin59490
Established Member II

Multiple StartEvent - multiple assignees

Hi,

I use Eclipse with Activiti plugin.

This is my use-case :

The workflow starts with an incoming document. A first person (let's call him P1), member of group A , can select a person, (let's call him P2) member of group B to review document. P2 can either ends the workflow or sends back the document to P1.

If the document is sended back, P1 can either ends the workflow or select a person (let's call him P3), member of group C , to review the document. P3 can only ends the workflow.

But there is another possibility :

P3 can also handle another kind of incoming document. P3 can either ends the workflow or select P2 (or other group B member) to review the document. P2 can either ends the workflow or sends back the document to P3 and P3 ends the workflow.

I have a bpmn file that can handle only 2 groups. But i don't know how to update it in order to manage 3 groups with the use case above.

As there are 2 kinds of document so does it mean 2 start Event ?

And what is the difference between bpm_assigne and reviewAssignee ?

Thank you for your help

1 Reply
anakin59490
Established Member II

Re: Multiple StartEvent - multiple assignees

I see in java code that the workflow's ID is used to launch the workflow :

WorkflowDefinition workflowDefinition = workflowService.getDefinitionByName("activiti$activitiValidationDocumed");

workflowService.startWorkflow(workflowDefinition.getId(), workflowParameters);

Can i define two diagrams and choose the rigth one, depending the kind of document (ie the folder) ?