cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monicakumari
Established Member

need customization on UI

Jump to solution

I want to hide the "password" and "verify password" fields on UI of creating new user. I think it must be some .html.ftl file. but I am not able to find the exact name of the file. somebody have any idea about the file name ?

what customizations or steps I should follow to hide these two fields from "new user" page.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: need customization on UI

Jump to solution

The page is composed of more files.

This one you are changing is just the one responsible to generate the html body for the page, but you have to check the webscript controller, as this is going to try to read/write from/to thoses fields you are removing.

If you look in the same folder where you found the users.get.html.ftl file, you see others with the same base names, but with different extensions.

Check the other's files content and addapt what is required to your custom case.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
douglascrp
Advanced II

Jump to solution

Hello.

The following addon changes the forms you want to change, but in a different way, that is to add new custom fields.

GitHub - sujaypillai/someco-people 

You can rely on it in order to identify what you have to change, and how you should be structuring your project to deal with such customizations.

monicakumari
Established Member

Jump to solution

I have created a behaviour to auto generate passwords while creating  new users. so I want to remove/hide the two fields "pasword" and "verify password". I just got users.get.html.ftl file. I am able to override this file. But the issue is I can only add labels/texts but not able to remove or comment out anything. If comment out or remove anything, it just shows a blank white page.

I need help with this.

thanks.

douglascrp
Advanced II

Jump to solution

The page is composed of more files.

This one you are changing is just the one responsible to generate the html body for the page, but you have to check the webscript controller, as this is going to try to read/write from/to thoses fields you are removing.

If you look in the same folder where you found the users.get.html.ftl file, you see others with the same base names, but with different extensions.

Check the other's files content and addapt what is required to your custom case.