New content won't get indexed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sirchnait

New content won't get indexed

Hi,
since about two weeks, I've noticed that no new content is indexed by Solr 6. Searches for older documents in Alfresco share show hits but searches for newer ones won't. 

I've already checked the solr.log but couldn't find anything obvious like out-of-memory errors or similar. This happened on Alfresco Community v6.2.0.  I could try to build a full reindex but I think it would be better to understand what's the reason for the problem before doing this. Any ideas on what else to do would be greatly appreciated...

3 Replies
sirchnait

Re: New content won't get indexed

Thanks for the hint, DAvia. There are indeed some (warning-)messages in the logging-section of the Solr admin ui that could serve as a starting point for further analysis. For example, a problem occurs when Solr is trying to create a snapshot: 

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:  Directory does not exist:(... )

I'll try to fix that and see what happens. 

mitpatoliya

Did you tried to restart solr? What is the indexing stratergy you are following?

sirchnait

Thanks mitpatoliya for the feedback. Since I couldn't find any more severe errors in Solr itself, I've looked into the database. In the postgresql-10-main.log it says that the db cannot insert new values because they violate the unique constraint. This happens on every upload, so that's obviously the cause for the problem.

There's already at least one topic on this issue, albeit without a solution.