New to Alfresco, how to connect with Odoo? for document management purposes.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dan18fan
Member II

New to Alfresco, how to connect with Odoo? for document management purposes.

Hello good morning everyone, I'm new to Alfresco, I installed the content version of Alfresco in my enterprise's local server, but we decided the Community version was better for our needs. The thing is we want to get Alfresco and Odoo working together, I've read some threads about CMIS and DMS, and I don't really understand the meaning of those protocols and how they work... is there an easy way to connect Odoo with Alfresco for Document management? for example for what my boss said he wants that any document thats been created in the enterprise can be uploaded in any of Odoo's apps lets say.. "Sales" then that document can be sent directly to alfresco's repository automatically so the employees can manage it and work with them.

Sorry if I am not very specific in my context.

4 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: New to Alfresco, how to connect with Odoo? for document management purposes.

Try this http://alfodoo.org/

Hyland Developer Evangelist
dan18fan
Member II

Re: New to Alfresco, how to connect with Odoo? for document management purposes.

That seems like a good thing, but not really sure how to install and make it work properly.. I read something in there about Tomcat. Do I need Tomcat for this? 

Do you recommend Tomcat?

Fatima_MEKADER
Member II

Hello,
Did you manage to solve this problem, if yes I need help because I have the same problem,
Thank's

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @Fatima_MEKADER 

Could you be more specific in what you have tried and what is not working? Any log files that you could share, etc?

Thanks,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!