new user notification emails going to spam folder during testing. is there away for the emails not to be spam?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjenk
Member II

new user notification emails going to spam folder during testing. is there away for the emails not to be spam?

need help. I have gone in to alfresco-global.properties and have made updates to the email address, but it is still @alfresco.org email. please help

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: new user notification emails going to spam folder during testing. is there away for the emails not to be spam?

Did you do a proper restart of the system? Also, if a user is triggering an email the from address may actually be the users address, not the one defined in alfresco-global.properties. So check that your user has a proper email address set (the default admin user has an Alfresco email address).

bjenk
Member II

Re: new user notification emails going to spam folder during testing. is there away for the emails not to be spam?

Yes, I have properly restarted the system and I change the email address. but it still goes to spam

afaust
Master

The email being sent to spam is not a problem of Alfresco - you can have that happen with any kind of system-generated emails. The main question is if the "from" email address has been properly reflected after the restart, based on the configuration in the system or the personal email address of the Alfresco user.

bjenk
Member II

I fix it.