No Index after Backup and Restore

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phillip_toone
Member II

Re: No Index after Backup and Restore

Yes, as far as I can tell all of the owner and group information is preserved is the -a option.  When I "ls -la" the alf_data directory, for example, everything belongs to the root user and group except the postgresql directory that is owned by postgres but in the root group.

mehe
Senior Member II

..ah.. you run alfresco as root user - ok, there should be no problem with the access rights then.

It seems that your Solr didn't pick up your index files right. Can you see something in catalina.out on startup?

phillip_toone
Member II

I used

find . -iname "*catalina.out*"

to find the location of this file and

less ./tomcat/logs/catalina.out

to view the file.  It is a pretty big file with a lot of information.  Is there something I should use grep to look for?

mehe
Senior Member II

grep -i solr ./tomcat/logs/catalina.out

there is also a solr.log in . or ./tomcat/logs  

Look for exceptions.

Examine your alfresco and Solr startup using tail -f LOGFILE or less LOGFILE (and press F to follow the output).

There must be an exception with your index files. 

If your repository has only a few documents, stop alfresco/solr and delete and rebuild the index data:

Performing a full reindex with Solr | Alfresco Documentation 

douglascrp
Advanced II

You should take care with the way you restored the extension folder, as there are files in there, like share-custom-config.xml and alfresco-global.properties that have adresses/hostnames/IPs in them, if you blindly copy them, you can make your restored server to connect into the original one.

For thoses cases, you better to recover the content, avoiding this kind of problem.

cesarista
Customer

To mitigate problems with these properties dependant of your environment, you may include them in your startup scripts as part of JAVA_OPTS (ex. -Dalfresco.host=xxx). And so the essential config under shared (at least for alfresco-global.properties) is the same for every environment and so, in a backup env too. 

Regards.

--C.