No module package found - alfresco community 5.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmce

No module package found - alfresco community 5.2

Hello everyone, i've recently installed alfresco community 5.2 on an Ubuntu Server 14.04 x64.
I have installed all the package except Web Quick Start e Google Docs integration.

After the first restart a message telling "alfresco without share services...." appeared in the admin control panel, then i've found that in admin console, under "module browser" there is a message "no module package found".

Strangly the software function, i've managed to install the module Edit Online with LO, but now i've wanted to install the plugin Custom Alfresco Header with no success (i've already installed on a second linux server).

I fear that my installation is broken, the only differences in how i installed  Alfresco in the working server and in the broken server is that on the second one i did not install the google integration (i don't want my users to upload docs on google docs)

Thanks in advance

4 Replies
mehe
Senior Member II

Re: No module package found - alfresco community 5.2

I had a similar problem when misconfiguring (used a non standard configuration)  share. I configured the repository on Linux for ntlm sso (Active Directory Backend) and left out the sso config for share because I just wanted the repo as backend and share as a kind of admin frontend. Users should work with an angular/HTML5 SPA.

But after I logged in on share, it complained about the missing share services and some modules ( model-manager) where just showing blank pages.

Nothing helped (I also tried to install the share services manually), but after setting up share with sso, the message disappeared and everything was fine.

afaust
Master

When you activate SSO you need to reconfigure the endpoints as you point out. Unfortunately I think the documentation is missing a (new) endpoint that is specific to the Share services AMP. The id of that endpoint is "alfresco-api" and if that is not reconfigured like the others to use external authentication (SSO) then the error continues to show up.

Interestingly, most of Share services AMP will still work even with the error being shown. It is only a small subset of the API that is used for verifying that Share services AMP is installed and or to back some potentially new Share UI functionality, that is actually using the aflresco-api endpoint.

mehe
Senior Member II

...so I just don't have to be so sloppy when configuring share Smiley Happy 

thanks Axel

gmce

Thanks to everyone, in this case the problem was that mod "Alfresco Header Share" was corroupt in my second installation.
Still a popup shows a warning in the admin console, searching on this forum i've found a workaround (by editing the javascript and commenting out the warning)