not able to search the documents having some tags from the site tag dashlet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ayushi_agrahari
Active Member II

not able to search the documents having some tags from the site tag dashlet

when I tried to search the documents having tags such as 'anger management' from the site tag dashlet,it gives no results but when I tried to search the document having the same tag name(anger management) from the library pane in the left on the document library,it give the tagged document.

On the other hand,when I tried to search for the documents having tags such as 'anger_management' from the site tag dashlet,it gives the tagged document when searching the document from the site tag dashlet and the library pane both.

I think the spacing between the words in the tag name is the issue.

but,I am not able to figure out why this is so.

Any idea regarding this would be highly appreciated.

5 Replies
krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Re: not able to search the documents having some tags from the site tag dashlet

The first things is site-tag-dashlet is not OOB dashlet. I think  you must have imported it using from share-extras.Below is file which is responsible for rendering tags.I think you need to do some thing inside this file.

site-tags-dashlet/site-tags.js at master · share-extras/site-tags-dashlet · GitHub 

cesarista
Customer

I think it is the default behaviour of this dashlet, I remember the same issue some time ago.

In the file mentioned by Krutik try with this (remember to minify the corresponding js):

uri += '/search?tag=%22' + encodeURIComponent(tag.name) + '%22&a=false';

Regards.

--C.

ayushi_agrahari
Active Member II

thanks,it is working correctly and now I am able to search the tags such as "anger management" from site-tag-dashlet also also.

but,one thing is that still now,it is giving the warning message "2017-12-07 13:15:09,093  WARN  [repo.jscript.ScriptLogger] [http-apr-9040-exec-10] Unable to resolve specified root node reference: null".I am unable to figure out why this is so.

andy1

Hi

Tags are treated as identifiers (the whole thing, as is) in the index. You need to execute the query as a phrase. It is possible we should be more flexible here.

Andy

krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

I think you should analyse and debug the code.It will help you in customizing anything in that dashlet.