cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imane
Active Member II

Number of root folders in the document library of a site

Hello community,

Please I wanna know, Is there a limit to the number of root folders in document library of an Alfresco site?

If I have for exemple 650000 folder (no sub-folder), can I put them all on the document library of site without problem?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

3 Replies
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: Number of root folders in the document library of a site

In general, putting this much nodes at same level hits the performance also. 

Checkout this post, may be helpful to all your queries: https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-forum/large-folders-in-the-content-repository/...

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
cristinamr
Advanced

Hi!

As far as I remember: no more than 1.000 per level is the recommeded.

I'd like to suggest you to think in other strategic to organize them, like save them by year/month/you_folder e.g.

Cheers,

Cristina.

--
VenziaIT: helping companies since 2005! Our ECM products: AQuA & Seidoc
cesarista
Customer

Hi:

No, you can't.

I would recommend a folder distribution with no more 1000 folder / document / nodes per level. And this as a maximum, it is not necessary to go until the maximum. Many database queries will suffer when applications or Share have to deal with big subsets. And this may have a big impact in performance as cited above.

Tipical structures are based in volumes (let's say subfolders with no more than 1000 folders each), or structures yyyy/MM/dd in the same that Alfresco uses in contentstore to distribute files in an homogeneus way. 

Think in a disk with 65k documents in a folder, you probably have problems opening the folder, listing files, generating previews..  

Regards.

--C.