org.alfresco.service.cmr.repository.ContentIOException: 11280000 Failed to create directory for file

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cratlepeter

org.alfresco.service.cmr.repository.ContentIOException: 11280000 Failed to create directory for file

Jump to solution

I'm just trying to get "community distribution content service 6.2-ga" installed on Debian 10.7 with "Apache Tomcat/9.0.31 (Debian)"  On the first run, I'm getting an error in creating the content directory.  I've dropped and recreated the database and user.  Any ideas why I'm getting the permission error and how I debug it in Tomcat ?

I'm getting "org.alfresco.service.cmr.repository.ContentIOException: 11280000 Failed to create directory for file storage: /var/documents/contentstore/2020/12/28/11/28" in alfresco.log

tomcat seems to have permission to the directory:

root@gpserver1:/var/log/tomcat9# ls -lR /var/documents
/var/documents:
total 12
drwx------ 2 tomcat tomcat 4096 Dec 28 08:31 contentstore
drwx------ 2 tomcat tomcat 4096 Dec 27 13:49 contentstore.deleted
drwx------ 2 tomcat tomcat 4096 Dec 28 08:21 keystore

/var/documents/contentstore:
total 0

/var/documents/contentstore.deleted:
total 0

/var/documents/keystore:
total 0

security manager is off:

root@xx:/var/log/tomcat9# grep -v ^# /etc/default/tomcat9

JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true"

SECURITY_MANAGER=false

LOGFILE_COMPRESS=1

and alfresco-global.properties is set up:

system.serverMode=PRODUCTION

#
# Sample custom content and index data location
#
dir.root=/var/documents
dir.contentstore=/var/documents/contentstore
dir.contentstore.deleted=/var/documents/contentstore.deleted
# dir.keystore=${dir.root]/keystore/keystore

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cratlepeter

Re: org.alfresco.service.cmr.repository.ContentIOException: 11280000 Failed to create directory for

Jump to solution

Turns out that Debian tomcat is sandboxed by systemd.  Read /usr/share/doc/tomcat9/README.Debian for more information.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kaynezhang
Advanced

Re: org.alfresco.service.cmr.repository.ContentIOException: 11280000 Failed to create directory for

Jump to solution

Is tomcat the user that you are using to run alfresco ? since only the owner(tomcat) has permission to create folder and file in contentstore folder.

cratlepeter

Jump to solution

I believe that it's running as 'tomcat'.  The tomcat process runs as the tomcat user.

However, just to check I changed all permissions to be rwx and I still saw the same error.

cratlepeter

Jump to solution

Turns out that Debian tomcat is sandboxed by systemd.  Read /usr/share/doc/tomcat9/README.Debian for more information.

kaynezhang
Advanced

Jump to solution

good luckSmiley Very Happy