Our Repository no longer sends recent activity emails,

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmalabie
Member II

Our Repository no longer sends recent activity emails,

we use Community Edition, version number 5.2.0. When I log into Admin Console I only have the following options under console, Model and Messages Console, Tenant Console, Workflow Console. No Repository services option to configure SMTP.

5 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Re: Our Repository no longer sends recent activity emails,

The Admin Console that you refer (for configuring SMTP) is only available in EE edition. You should have and check this config in alfresco-global.properties

Regards.

--C.

dmalabie
Member II

Hi Cesarista

How do I locate the alfresco-global.properties file?

Kind Regards

Dlamani Malabie

jpotts
Professional

Look in $ALFRESCO_HOME/tomcat/shared/classes.

cesarista
Customer

Hi:

Between your config, you should check activities.feed.notifier.enabled=true. If mail.* properties were not changed and this stops working, the problem may related with:

i) the mail account of the user, used for sending emails is not active (mail.username)

ii) the password of the account used for sending emails was changed (mail.password)

iii) relay rules changed and Alfresco server is not able to send emails via smtp

iv) mail.host changed...

Regards.

--C.

dmalabie
Member II

Thank you.

Dlamani Malabie

ICT Manager

Tel: 011-290-6613

82 Grayston Drive, Sandton,Johannesburg, South Africa, P.O Box 650780, Benmore 2010, South Africa

Tel:27 11 290 6600, Fax:27 11 290 6700

DISCLAIMER:

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information to the Gauteng Infrastructure Financing Agency (GIFA) and is intended only for the person/s to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, copy, distribute, disclose the contents of this email or take any action in reliance on it.

If you have received this e-mail in error, you are to delete it immediately and notify the sender that you have received the e-mail accidentally by replying to the email. Any views and/or opinion expressed herein are those of the sender and do not represent Gauteng Infrastructure Financing Agency's views and/or opinions, unless the sender specifically states them to be those of GIFA and GIFA consents to them in writing. Failure to comply with this e-mail disclaimer may give rise to actionable claims in law against you. Whilst all reasonable precautionary measure are taken that this message is free of errors and viruses, Gauteng Infrastructure Funding Agency does not accept any liability or responsibility for any loss, damage, non-delivery or incorrect delivery whatsoever, arising from the use of this e-mail or for its effect on any electronic device of the recipien