Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khairulsafie
Member II

Out of Memory

Hi All,

I have an issue whereby the alfresco always hit an error as below:

Caused By:

org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.LuceneQueryParserException: 0221807994 Request failed 404 /solr/alfresco/alfresco?wt=json&fl=DBID%2Cscore&rows=2147483647&df=TEXT&start=0&locale=en_US&fq=%7B%21afts%7DAUTHORITY_FILTER_FROM_JSON&fq=%7B%21afts%7DTENANT_FILTER_FROM_JSON

This error will keep repeating come out for every 30 seconds (Due ot this it will cause OOM issue) and I have no ideas how to solve it since I'm not going to stop/uninstall SOLR. 

I have try to perform full re-index with SOLR follow this link:

Performing a full reindex with Solr | Alfresco Documentation 

Remove Solr from an Alfresco installation | Alfresco Documentation 

Not really sure by doing the above one can solve the issue or is there any better solution to this issue.

My findings on this issue is it will occur when the solr.xml is missing or when solr folder is deleted or missing.

Additional things that I have find out, after restarted the alfresco, the alfresco will take time to complete the re-indexing and it might slow the accessing on alfresco CMS. While completing the re-indexing, in alfresco log it will show the error like I have mentioned above. But this error will not appear after re-indexing completed (Not sure if it relate with re-indexing). 

So here, need any helps from someone in Alfresco community to give the better solution on this issue. 

Please advise me. Thanks.

Newbies to alfresco. Cheers.

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Out of Memory

How much memory did you assigne to the process? If you have an out of memory issue you first need to make sure you are not choking the system with your configuration and then what kind of features you are using / activating. Please also provide the error message since there can be multiple types of out of memory errors, depending on the circumstances / trigger.

How many documents / nodes are in your system? How complex is your data model / how many properties are you using, are you using SOLR 1, SOLR4 or SOLR6? Which Alfresco version are you using?

khairulsafie
Member II

Hi Sir,

How much memory did you assigne to the process?
2g

What kind of features you are using / activating?
Only as a simple document store, without workflow.

How many documents / nodes are in your system?
New nodes are created for each new date. The number of documents uploaded daily is roughly 25 and average size for a single file is around 3 KB

How complex is your data model?
None

How many properties are you using?
None (we are not configure any SOLR prop file since everything auto-config by installing alfresco itself)

Are you using SOLR 1, SOLR4 or SOLR6?
Not really sure, It was installed together with Alfresco, probably SOLR 1

Which Alfresco version are you using?
Alfresco 4.2
Apache Tomcat 7.0.30
Java Development Kit (JDK) 1.7 update 7 (64-bit)

Additional things to add here, the OOM occurred due to the error keep repeating until it causing java heap space i alfresco.

Thanks for helps!

khairulsafie
Member II

Hi Sir,

Sorry, forgot to mention the error message. Here it is:

Caused by: org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.JobMethodInvocationFailedException: Invocation of method 'run' on target class [class org.alfresco.module.org_alfresco_module_wcmquickstart.jobs.PublishQueueProcessor] failed; nested exception is org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.LuceneQueryParserException: 0023839818 Request failed 404 /solr/alfresco/alfresco?wt=json&fl=DBID%2Cscore&rows=2147483647&df=TEXT&start=0&locale=en_US&fq=%7B%21afts%7DAUTHORITY_FILTER_FROM_JSON&fq=%7B%21afts%7DTENANT_FILTER_FROM_JSON
at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean$MethodInvokingJob.executeInternal(MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean.java:273)
at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:86)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:216)
... 1 more
Caused by: org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.LuceneQueryParserException: 0023839818 Request failed 404 /solr/alfresco/alfresco?wt=json&fl=DBID%2Cscore&rows=2147483647&df=TEXT&start=0&locale=en_US&fq=%7B%21afts%7DAUTHORITY_FILTER_FROM_JSON&fq=%7B%21afts%7DTENANT_FILTER_FROM_JSON
at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.SolrQueryHTTPClient.executeQuery(SolrQueryHTTPClient.java:398)
at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.SolrQueryLanguage.executeQuery(SolrQueryLanguage.java:49)
at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.SolrSearchService.query(SolrSearchService.java:348)
at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.SolrSearchService.query(SolrSearchService.java:152)
at org.alfresco.repo.search.SearcherComponent.query(SearcherComponent.java:67)
at org.alfresco.repo.search.AbstractSearcherComponent.query(AbstractSearcherComponent.java:53)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor573.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
at org.alfresco.repo.management.subsystems.SubsystemProxyFactory$1.invoke(SubsystemProxyFactory.java:72)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
at $Proxy18.query(Unknown Source)
at org.alfresco.module.org_alfresco_module_wcmquickstart.jobs.PublishQueueProcessor$1$1.execute(PublishQueueProcessor.java:76)
at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:433)
at org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper.doInTransaction(RetryingTransactionHelper.java:304)
at org.alfresco.module.org_alfresco_module_wcmquickstart.jobs.PublishQueueProcessor$1.doWork(PublishQueueProcessor.java:65)
at org.alfresco.repo.security.authentication.AuthenticationUtil.runAs(AuthenticationUtil.java:529)
at org.alfresco.module.org_alfresco_module_wcmquickstart.jobs.PublishQueueProcessor.run(PublishQueueProcessor.java:60)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor610.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
at org.springframework.util.MethodInvoker.invoke(MethodInvoker.java:273)
at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean$MethodInvokingJob.executeInternal(MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean.java:264)
... 3 more
Exception in thread "DefaultScheduler_QuartzSchedulerThread" Exception in thread "Timer-10" Exception in thread "RMI RenewClean-[172.22.4.156:50508]" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "RMI RenewClean-[172.22.4.156:54613,org.alfresco.util.remote.server.socket.HostConfigurableSocketFactory@0]" Exception in thread "RMI RenewClean-[172.22.4.156:41508]" 2017-01-23 09:35:47,348 ERROR [org.mortbay.log] [Timer-8] Problem scavenging sessions
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at org.quartz.core.QuartzScheduler.getGlobalTriggerListeners(QuartzScheduler.java:1702)
at org.quartz.core.QuartzScheduler.buildTriggerListenerList(QuartzScheduler.java:1804)
at org.quartz.core.QuartzScheduler.notifyTriggerListenersMisfired(QuartzScheduler.java:1872)
at org.quartz.core.SchedulerSignalerImpl.notifyTriggerListenersMisfired(SchedulerSignalerImpl.java:73)
2017-01-23 09:35:47,349 ERROR [org.alfresco.fileserver] [TimedRequestProcessor] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at org.quartz.simpl.RAMJobStore.applyMisfire(RAMJobStore.java:1194)
at org.quartz.simpl.RAMJobStore.acquireNextTrigger(RAMJobStore.java:1249)
at org.quartz.core.QuartzSchedulerThread.run(QuartzSchedulerThread.java:264)
at java.lang.StringCoding.encode(StringCoding.java:338)
at java.lang.String.getBytes(String.java:916)
at java.io.UnixFileSystem.canonicalize0(Native Method)
at java.io.UnixFileSystem.canonicalize(UnixFileSystem.java:172)
at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java:589)
at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.lockFile(FileSystemPreferences.java:902)
at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.sync(FileSystemPreferences.java:729)
at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.flush(FileSystemPreferences.java:824)
at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.syncWorld(FileSystemPreferences.java:464)
at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences.access$1200(FileSystemPreferences.java:50)
at java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$3.run(FileSystemPreferences.java:432)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
2017-01-23 09:35:55,775 ERROR [quartz.core.JobRunShell] [DefaultScheduler_Worker-6] Job DEFAULT.org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean#56f32655 threw an unhandled Exception:
org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.JobMethodInvocationFailedException: Invocation of method 'run' on target class [class org.alfresco.module.org_alfresco_module_wcmquickstart.jobs.FeedbackProcessor] failed; nested exception is org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.LuceneQueryParserException: 0023839825 Request failed 404 /solr/alfresco/alfresco?wt=json&fl=DBID%2Cscore&rows=2147483647&df=TEXT&start=0&locale=en_US&fq=%7B%21afts%7DAUTHORITY_FILTER_FROM_JSON&fq=%7B%21afts%7DTENANT_FILTER_FROM_JSON
at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean$MethodInvokingJob.executeInternal(MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean.java:273)
at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:86)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:216)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:563)
Caused by: org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.LuceneQueryParserException: 0023839825 Request failed 404 /solr/alfresco/alfresco?wt=json&fl=DBID%2Cscore&rows=2147483647&df=TEXT&start=0&locale=en_US&fq=%7B%21afts%7DAUTHORITY_FILTER_FROM_JSON&fq=%7B%21afts%7DTENANT_FILTER_FROM_JSON

Thanks.

khairulsafie
Member II

Hi Sir,

Just now I do testing in the following page to search lucene using empty value, I encountered this issue below:

So here, I know that the issue same with the one shown in alfresco log but I'm curious how does it occur? How the job was triggered to search such lucene in solr? How can I stop this job from triggering lucene?

Thanks in advance Sir.

Regards,

Khairul