Override the global properties in Alfresco using alfresco-global.properties file

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prasal

Override the global properties in Alfresco using alfresco-global.properties file

Jump to solution

Hi,

I need to change the global properties like changing the root node,store path or database properties.But I am not able to find the alfresco-global.properties file in the application, so I searched for this file on the internet and I found it and I made some changes in that file and inserted in the tomcat -> webapp location but it couldn't override the properties.

I would like to know where exactly I need to keep alfresco-global.properties file so I can override the properties in the tomcat instance. I was looking for the shared/classes folder in tomcat but couldn't found because I read somewhere that you need to keep this file in shared folder. I am using Alfresco 5. If someone have any idea about this please let me know.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cesarista
Customer

Re: Override the global properties in Alfresco using alfresco-global.properties file

Jump to solution

Hi:

alfresco-global.properties is placed at:

/opt/alfresco52f/tomcat/shared/classes/

In a default installation, you should have a initial sample configuration in this place.

In the Alfresco repository application, under WEB-INF and inside a jar file, there exists a file called repository.properties that is overriden by alfresco-global.properties (and can be used for properties reference) :

$ cd /opt/alfresco52f/tomcat/webapps/alfresco
$ grep -r repository.properties *
Coincidencia en el archivo binario WEB-INF/lib/alfresco-repository-5.2.f.jar

Additionally, you can use OOTB Support Tools addon (System Properties page) for the reference of all the configurable properties.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

--C.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Re: Override the global properties in Alfresco using alfresco-global.properties file

Jump to solution

Hi:

alfresco-global.properties is placed at:

/opt/alfresco52f/tomcat/shared/classes/

In a default installation, you should have a initial sample configuration in this place.

In the Alfresco repository application, under WEB-INF and inside a jar file, there exists a file called repository.properties that is overriden by alfresco-global.properties (and can be used for properties reference) :

$ cd /opt/alfresco52f/tomcat/webapps/alfresco
$ grep -r repository.properties *
Coincidencia en el archivo binario WEB-INF/lib/alfresco-repository-5.2.f.jar

Additionally, you can use OOTB Support Tools addon (System Properties page) for the reference of all the configurable properties.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

--C.

cesarista
Customer

Jump to solution

By the way, if you use Enterprise Edition, a JMX Dump contains a similar set of persisted properties in database.

Regards.

--C.