Patch and Upgrade Question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralphhyatt
Member II

Patch and Upgrade Question

I'm trying to upgrade Alfresco Enterprise 3.4.14.24 to 4.2.8 and everything works fine except one patch fails. The patch is "patch.htmlNotificationMailTemplates" and the error message is:

"Caused by: org.alfresco.service.cmr.view.ImporterException: Path /app:company_home/app:dictionary/app:email_templates/app:notify_email_templates within node workspace://SpacesStore/44a91b68-6a1a-11dd-b2bc-c5d7fa2d5662 found too many locations - the path must resolve to one location"

When I navigate to that folder using alfresco I see one file, notify_user.email.ftl.. However, if I navigate to the same folder using share I see five files. All of them have different titles, but two share the same file name, also notify_user_email.ftl. I tried reloading the DB, reinstalling the 3.4.14.24, deleting one of the apparently duplicate files, and then upgrading, but got the same error.

Also, I only see the file in one physical location: 

/apps/alfresco/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/templates/email/notify_user_email.ftl

I am totally new to Alfresco. Any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Patch and Upgrade Question

So you are updating from one obsolete Alfresco Enterprise version to another obsolete Alfresco Enterprise version. I hope that is only as an intermediary step to a version that is actually, currently supported by Alfresco. In that case, your first point of contact should either be Alfresco Support or an Alfresco service provider (certified partner or comparatively qualified), especially if you are completely new to Alfresco.

The problem at hand is that you apparently have an inconsistent database state where a specific path to an element resolves to more than just one element. Even if you only see one element in Share Repository view, there may be elements using an idential child QName anywhere on the path, which you would only see via the Node Browser tool. It can also be the case, that another patch executed before the one that fails adds / creates the invalid structure, and it can't be found in the "before" state at all.

ralphhyatt
Member II

Yes, we are doing an incremental upgrade to 5.2.3. Thanks.

ralphhyatt
Member II

Using the node browser I found that I have two child nodes named notify_email_templates. Do you think re-indexing might fix the problem?

afaust
Master

Re-indexing has nothing to do with the duplicate showing in the Node Browser. The Node Browser works on the state represented in the database, while the index is only relevant to the full text search.

ralphhyatt
Member II

I deleted the parent node ":notify_email_templates" and that corrected the issue. Plan is to export it in production before the upgrade and then import it back in.