cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maiconramones
Active Member II

Permission not applied

Hi all,

I created a site with the users from one group. All member of this group is collaborator, but when try change de role of any user to Manager, for example, the message displayed is successful.

I can see the notification from de feed of site : Role XYZ changed to Consumer... but the permission it's not applied for the user. It continue with the old permission.

It's correct? Or I should use other way to change permission?

Thanks.

2 Replies
vikash_patel
Established Member

Re: Permission not applied

All member of this group is collaborator, but when try change the role of any user to Manager.

if you change the role of a group from collaborator to Manager then manager permission will be applied.
if you change the role of a group from collaborator to consumer then collaborator permission will be applied.
because they are assigned as a collaborator in that group previously. by default always higher permission will apply to the roles.

maiconramones
Active Member II

Re: Permission not applied

Humm....

I tested and works. In this case it's necessary to assign a consumer role to the group. And then assign a more powerful role to specific users.

It's the correct approach? This is a standard or a common  process used by the community?

Thanks again.