Pls provide me a query for the access details (User details and level of access) for all the folders

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abiram2008raj
Member II

Pls provide me a query for the access details (User details and level of access) for all the folders

I need sql query for each folder - user details and level of access. Kindly help us.   

10 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Pls provide me a query for the access details (User details and level of access) for all the folders

There is no such thing. Access level permissions and their data management is so extremely abstracted that you cannot retrieve the information easily with a few SQL queries. It takes a lot of complex processing to get the information you need.

fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Re: Pls provide me a query for the access details (User details and level of access) for all the folders

Hi Abiram,

Axel is right and gave you the answer.
One clarification from my side: your goal is to retrieve the data and you want to know "who can do what" or are you looking for a query to "update" the permits?

abiram2008raj
Member II

Hi Corti, 

I need select query. I tell a example one folder name called "Sample".  In that sample folder we gave access for lot of users. Right now i want who are the people have access in that folder and what kind of access they have like Manager , Collaborator some thing . i think this is possible. Please provide me a update. 

afaust
Master

For one folder you can simply use the Alfresco (Script) API to get the data without having to write a SQL against the database. E.g. use the JavaScript Console addon to write a JavaScript, resolve the folder node, access its permissions and print out the data you want via the "print" function that the JavaScript Console provides. Of course you can do this without the JavaScript Console by just writing a JavaScript-backed web script and render the results via FreeMarker.

The problematic / hard thing to do is getting this kind of data for a bulk set of nodes, which your original question suggested ("for each folder") - for single or a few nodes the API is sufficient - it just does not scale well in terms of performance to more than a few dozen nodes per transaction / request.

abiram2008raj
Member II

Yes if it possible for each folder who have access and what kind of access. Sql is very helpful then javascript. I m not that much aware of JS. if possible share sql for each folder or bulk folder. 

abiram2008raj
Member II

I need simple SQL Query -  if it possible for each folder who have access and what kind of access. Please help me out

afaust
Master

Again, a "simple" SQL query is not possible...

abiram2008raj
Member II

I need select query for one folder  no Javascript.  I tell a example one folder name called "Sample".  In that sample folder we gave access for lot of users. Right now i want who are the people have access in that folder and what kind of access they have like Manager , Collaborator some thing . i think this is possible. Please provide me a update. 

abiram2008raj
Member II

Can i get the list in excel format. each folder who have access . what kind of access. In community Edition.