Preview generation with LibreOffice does not work!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hal

Preview generation with LibreOffice does not work!

Jump to solution

Running Alfresco Community Edition v5.2.0 on Linux - i know this question was asked several times before, but the final solution - if LibreOffice is running properly - does not work for me. So: i fixed everything to run LibreOffice headless (installed Nightly 6.1.x, because due to a bug in LibreOffice it actually wasn't able to run headless without x on a server [the defunct .soffice.bin problem]), but still creating previews with LibreOffice does not work, the preview-image appears broken and the webpreview does not load at all. If i open the URL of the Image directly i get the following error:

06230053 Wrapped Exception (with status template): 06230063 Failed to execute script    'classpath*:alfresco/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco/repository/thumbnail/thumbnail.get.js': connection failed:    socket,host=localhost,port=8100,tcpNoDelay=1; com.sun.star.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Quoting the "--accept=..." argument in "ctl.sh" as proposed as solution in some other answers regarding this problem doesn't fix anything for me (i am also not sure, why this should work anyway - isn't ctl.sh executed as part of alfresco startup-process, only? There's also no tcpNoDelay option in my ctl.sh - so the preview-rendering-subsystem must be executing soffice.bin somewhere else - but i am unable to dig this up).

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hal

Re: Preview generation with LibreOffice does not work!

Jump to solution

So, now it suddenly works: if i prevent LibreOffice from starting through the ctl script (during alfresco startup), alfresco seems to start it itself. So, it seems the only necessary fix was installing LibreOffice 6.1 ... 

I feel a little stupid and confused. Sorry for the hassle ...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
hal

Jump to solution

I would try to fix this myself, if anyone could point me to some direction where to look at in the source - or is this done in the closed-source part of Alfresco? Grepping through the source-code didn't help me much, so far :-( ...

hal

Jump to solution

So, now it suddenly works: if i prevent LibreOffice from starting through the ctl script (during alfresco startup), alfresco seems to start it itself. So, it seems the only necessary fix was installing LibreOffice 6.1 ... 

I feel a little stupid and confused. Sorry for the hassle ...

kgastaldo

Jump to solution

Hey Harald - Glad things are working now. I'll mark this post as answered, but hopefully someone can chime in with an idea about why it wasn't working before ...