Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedwards99
Partner

Problem Creating a Rule

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a rule in Share that copies a document from one location to another. When I click on the Select button to choose the destination folder, I get the following dialog.

The Path panel never gets populated - it just sits there with the spinning icon.

This is on Alfresco 6.1, but I'm sure I've seen it on previous versions too, just can't remember what the fix was 

Thanks

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pedwards99
Partner

Re: Problem Creating a Rule

Jump to solution

Damn it!

Sorry Angel, this looks like its being caused by a stray customisation. We have a custom rule action originally developed against Alfresco 5.0 that hasn't been updated.

Thanks for your pointer's on debugging it.

Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

How did you installed that Alfresco 6.1?

Hyland Developer Evangelist
pedwards99
Partner

Jump to solution

Hi Angel,

It was a manual install from the distribution.zip (Alfresco Enterprise) onto CentOS 7

Paul

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Can you inspect the web page with Developer Tools?

Have you any proxy in front of the Tomcat?

Hyland Developer Evangelist
pedwards99
Partner

Jump to solution

Hi Angel,

No proxy in front of Tomcat.

I had a look at Dev Tools and its showing an exception

global-folder_6f0b3335d02aec70f02c51c1d46955fe.js:formatted:706 Uncaught TypeError: Alfresco.CommonComponentStyleFilterChain is not a constructor
at Alfresco.module.DoclibGlobalFolder.i [as _buildCustomStyleClass] (global-folder_6f0b3335d02aec70f02c51c1d46955fe.js:formatted:706)
at Alfresco.module.DoclibGlobalFolder.O (global-folder_6f0b3335d02aec70f02c51c1d46955fe.js:formatted:157)
at Object.handleTransactionResponse (yui-common_85fe398e5deaf2958d87495ebd1e083d.js:17)
at yui-common_85fe398e5deaf2958d87495ebd1e083d.js:17

The file it is complaining about is tomcat/webapps/share/modules/documentLibrary/global-folder.js

This section of code (starting at line 1557)

/**
* Gets resource style specified in the {style} configuration that corresponds with matching filter
* from share-documentlibrary-config.xml [CommonComponentStyle][component-style], {browse.folder} component, or null if the filter does not match.
* The returned value is used to be set to the treeNode as customCls attribute, used for rendering custom icons in treeView.
* @param p_oData
*/
_buildCustomStyleClass : function DLGF__buildCustomStyleClass(p_oData)
{
var customStyleClass = null;
if (this.options.customFolderStyleConfig)
{
var filterChain = new Alfresco.CommonComponentStyleFilterChain(p_oData,
this.options.customFolderStyleConfig.browse.folder);
customStyleClass = filterChain.createCustomStyle();
}
return customStyleClass;
},

I'll keep digging and update if I find anything.

Paul

pedwards99
Partner

Jump to solution

Damn it!

Sorry Angel, this looks like its being caused by a stray customisation. We have a custom rule action originally developed against Alfresco 5.0 that hasn't been updated.

Thanks for your pointer's on debugging it.

Paul