problem in saving a document in alfresco due to duplicate node reference mapped to the new folder created.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saba
Member II

problem in saving a document in alfresco due to duplicate node reference mapped to the new folder created.

Hi,

I'm working on a project, where we will generate a document in java and save the same in alfresco. Basically the document will be saved into a folder created in the alfresco in previous step. sometimes, a newly created folder has been indexed with a duplicate node reference and while we are trying to save the document in that folder, we are getting document exception as we couldn't update the CML with the new document. This duplicate node reference occurs very rarely and the project is using Alfresco Lab 3.0 version without Solr, so we couldn't trace the reason for this duplicate node reference. could anyone enlighten me what could be the cause of the issue ?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: problem in saving a document in alfresco due to duplicate node reference mapped to the new folder created.

Alfresco Lab 3.0 is an extremely old version of Alfresco. Is there a particular reason why you have not / cannot update to a more recent version (5.x), which might have already fixed the problem you are encountering?

saba
Member II

Re: problem in saving a document in alfresco due to duplicate node reference mapped to the new folder created.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply. The problem is that the project is already in production and our clients are not ready to accept any software upgrade at the moment. From your reply, I can understand that the problem is due to an existing bug in the alfresco version we are using. But, is there any particular reason for this strange behavior ? as we are facing this issue intermittently in a particular server where we are maintaining loads of documents. 

Kind regards,

Sabariya M

afaust
Master

It may be an existing bug - the issue is that with such an old version, rarely anyone still uses it and most will not be aware of exact details for any issues they may still remember.. E.g. I know that in Alfresco 3.2 - 3.4 I have encountered issues with duplicate node references, but it was 6-7 years ago and I don't remember any more than this. Some of the Lucene issues that people encountered were due to incorrect handling of transactional contexts.

For some issues in old versions, it may be less effort to do an upgrade instead of trying to fiddle with obsolete versions. But if your clients don't accept an upgrade then they must be willing to pay good money for investigation + fixes...

saba
Member II

Hi Axel,

Thank you for your reply. We really found this useful and we will quote the above reason as the cause of the issue.

Kind regards,

Sabariya M