akafortes
Active Member II

Problem installing Community Edition 201702

Jump to solution

Fresh install of Ubuntu Server 16.04.2 LTS

The only things that I have installed are

1. openssh
  2. oracle JDK 8

I've downloaded "alfresco-community-installer-201702-linux-x64.bin", made it executable and run it. I get the following error:

Some or all of the libraries needed to support LibreOffice were not found on your system: fontconfig libSM libICE libXrender libXext libcups libGLU libcairo2 libgl1-mesa-glx
You are strongly advised to stop this installation and install the libraries.
For more information, see the LibreOffice documentation at http://docs.alfresco.com/search/site/all?keys=libfontconfig

Following that link I got to Installing Linux libraries manually which gives me some paths that I cannot find in my system.

I have then gone and installed LibreOffice using

sudo apt-get install libreoffice

I then run the installer again and it still gives me the same error.

I have tried installing an older version of Alfresco (Community Edition 201602) and the installation completed with no problem. (After that I reinstalled Ubuntu and started with a clean server, trying to install the new Community Edition)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mikel_asla
Established Member

Re: Problem installing Community Edition 201702

Jump to solution

Hi Stelios,

You need to install those libraries to make Libreoffice working properly with Alfresco as a content transformation server, but depending on your linux distro It may be some differences on names. You can check the ubuntu installer (is just a shell script) in the current community version file list to see the actual library names for Ubuntu

Also, the installer will offer you the option of installing libreoffice for you, so you don't need to install by your own (if you don't want to)

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

6 Replies
mikel_asla
Established Member

Jump to solution

Hi Stelios,

You need to install those libraries to make Libreoffice working properly with Alfresco as a content transformation server, but depending on your linux distro It may be some differences on names. You can check the ubuntu installer (is just a shell script) in the current community version file list to see the actual library names for Ubuntu

Also, the installer will offer you the option of installing libreoffice for you, so you don't need to install by your own (if you don't want to)

Hope it helps

akafortes
Active Member II

Jump to solution

It worked! Thank you very much.
First I tried using only the commands for Libre Office from the install script but it didn't work. So I used the complete script and it worked flawlessly

mtsiak
Active Member II

Jump to solution

For me it was the missing sym-link noted at

NOTE 2 – [ Alfresco 5.2 – UBUNTU 16.04 amd64] 

http://www.giuseppeurso.eu/en/alfresco-tips-and-tricks-12-libraries-necessary-to-support-libreoffice... 

ajkr195
Customer

Jump to solution

If looking for an automated installation solution refer here.

https://github.com/ajkr195/AlfrescoCommunityInstallation

You can refer/compare the alfresco-global.properties here with yours.

heiko_robert

Jump to solution

neat script! If you want to enhance your scripts for a more production ready system you may adapt loftux's script based on Alfresco 6.1: https://github.com/loftuxab/alfresco-ubuntu-install

Instead of just downloading "then dead versions" you should think about installing everything except real Alfresco artefacts with the ubuntu package manager (apt), maybe from different apt sources. That's the way we run Alfresco in production for years for many organisations without issues.

Until now our team is maintaining and supporting a production ready, optimized virtual appliance for all major Alfresco versions as vm or linux container (lxd) but I'm thinking of switching to ansible playbooks. Any opinion on that? Are you running multiple CE repos?

ajkr195
Customer

Jump to solution

Great. Thanks heiko_robert. Will definitely give it a try.