Problem with switching user on Share with external authentication.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milos_tatarevic
Member II

Problem with switching user on Share with external authentication.

Jump to solution

I am trying to set up SSO access to Share by using external authentication. I have followed official docs page for configuring external auth with custom header. Initially everything seems to work as expected but than I found that I was unable to access dahsboard page when switching from one user to another. When Share is accessed with the first user dashboard is show fine, but when i try to access Share with different user right after that dashboard page access produces infinite redirect loop.

The source of this seems to be in UserDashboardInterceptor class, where userid from the page URL ("user/user2/dashboard") is different from the userid found in the RequestContext (which is still "user1").

It feels like there should be some kind of logout action performed, but the default logout is disabled when external authentication is used. Is there any way to make this work?

Test was done by using Modify Headers plugin for the browser.

sso‌external authentication#

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
idwright

Re: Problem with switching user on Share with external authentication.

Jump to solution

You are correct that you will need to logout of both Alfresco/Share and the SSO system.

It's a bit tricky to replace the menu item and somewhat depends on which version you are running and your SSO system.

An example of how you could do it for CAS is here: alfresco-cas/share-header.get.js at master · wrighting/alfresco-cas · GitHub 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
idwright

Re: Problem with switching user on Share with external authentication.

Jump to solution

You are correct that you will need to logout of both Alfresco/Share and the SSO system.

It's a bit tricky to replace the menu item and somewhat depends on which version you are running and your SSO system.

An example of how you could do it for CAS is here: alfresco-cas/share-header.get.js at master · wrighting/alfresco-cas · GitHub