cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhigueraf

Problems opening Office files from alfresco

Jump to solution

Good morning,

I have been detecting some issues when we try to open a document using Office and the AOS that comes integrated in the alfresco image (docker) that we are using.

We have two environments. In the local one I can open it using our application or using the alfresco-share and in the test one only using our app. In both environments we have the same problem.

I have managed to find an odd behaviour: with the administrator user it works quite fast and can open, enable editing, edit and save the document without too much problem and taking quite acceptable times (5-10 seconds at most for each task I have described).

But for any user (with permissions to view and edit the document) it seems to take much longer, sometimes it takes 8-10 minutes for the "enable edit" option to come up and then it is very slow to save and so on.

I've been checking permissions and even tried giving it the same permissions and nothing.

As for the container memories we have these limits set:

Spoiler

Local:

Alfresco-platform: 6848M
Alfresco-transform:512M
Solr: 1.5G (I have tried to increase it to 6Gb and nothing)
PostgresDB: 1Gb

Spoiler
In the test environment:

Alfresco-platform: 12GB
Alfresco-transform: 2GB
Solr: 4GB
PostgresDB: 8Gb

Is there something that I missing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jhigueraf

Re: Problems opening Office files from alfresco

Jump to solution

Good morning,

Yesterday I found this article: https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-forum/ms-office-2016-and-alfresco-office-servi...

It describes some tips to solve AOS problems. I modified the NGINX config with the code that is describe in the post and did the trick!!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jhigueraf

Re: Problems opening Office files from alfresco

Jump to solution

Good morning,

Yesterday I found this article: https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-forum/ms-office-2016-and-alfresco-office-servi...

It describes some tips to solve AOS problems. I modified the NGINX config with the code that is describe in the post and did the trick!!