Query about creation of PDF from a template(HTML, etc.) in Alfresco Content Services Enterprise 6.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MOH_MCT
Customer

Query about creation of PDF from a template(HTML, etc.) in Alfresco Content Services Enterprise 6.2

Hi Team,

I have installed Alfresco Content Services Enterprise Edition 6.2.0 distribution. 
I have a requirement to create a pdf with content from a template like html, css or predefined pdf form or by creating custom template from Alfresco. 
Can we do it i.e. create a non editable PDF from any template with help of any Alfresco Content Services Rest API as I am using a Middleware technology like TIBCO BusinessWorks which supports REST calls, Java method execution?

For eg: An organisation has template(in css, html) which will have-
a) Some images like logo, organisation name, address to be printed on the document
b) Plain fields like customer id, customer name, customer address
c) Place holders for Signatures (PAdES standard) to be done by the organisation's different authorities/employees

And then, we may take this template as input, parse it and map the values to create a final document for the customer having these fields and its values. The final document will be in pdf and non editable.

Please let me know the approach.

Thank you,
Anand Srivastava

1 Reply
MOH_MCT
Customer

Re: Query about creation of PDF from a template(HTML, etc.) in Alfresco Content Services Enterprise

Dear Alfresco members,

I found some more points about creating a Template in HTML in Alfresco from FreeMarker API reference. The website link is https://blog.arvixe.com/freemarker-in-alfresco/

Please let me know, if someone finds more examples or discussion forum threads for steps as mentioned in my previous post:

1. Creation of template (may be with help of Template engine in Alfresco Content Services Rest API) in an HTML with place holders for images/logos, static content, variables for replacing with actual values, place holder for signatures

2. Parsing the HTML template to find the variables and process it to replace with actual values in Alfresco Content Services Rest API

3. Place the actual values, constant logos/images in the template and create a non editable PDF as output

4. Sign the PDF document with PAdES standard

Thank you,

Anand Srivastava