We are doing migration from old system to ACS (community 6.2). We have custom content model which has 20 data types and all are indexed (index enabled="true" in content model). We found the database size is very big. Here is summary.
- 5.1 million files (TIFF and PDF format) in content store (target to import >30 million files)
- 15 million nodes in ALF_NODE table
- 24 GB on all tables in DB
- 139 GB on all indexes in DB
Here are the questions.
1. As far as I know, the default search mechanism is to look up database first and Solr later? Is it able to use Solr only?
2. We are using CMIS QL to search documents and only doing metadata search. No need to do full text search. Can Solr do metadata search using CMIS QL?
3. Is it able to stop building indexes in database when doing bulk importing?
4. We know how to re-build indexes in Solr. How to re-build indexes in database?
5. In the content model, can we change some data types from index to "non-index" (i.e. change it to non searchable) once the content model is activated and documents are already imported into ACS?
6. Why the number of nodes in database is different from the content store?
7. How come the size of indexes in database is so big?
8. Is there any formula to calculate the database sizing for more than 30 million documents?