"communication failure" Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upforsin

"communication failure" Error

Hello,

I'm using Alfresco Community 6.1 with Keycloak. It's all working fine but from time to time after I leave my PC for a longer period of time I get a "communication failure" Error displayed in Alfresco Share. When I refresh the page I am redirected to the login page (because the auth token has expired) but it should auto-redirect me instead of displaying the error.

I noticed this error comes from the handleTransactionResponse() method in the connection.js file, YUI library. Is there a way to override this method to add the location.reload() line? Or is there any better solution?

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
4 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: "communication failure" Error

Normally, there should already be a default handling of 401 response errors from Share / the backend to reload the page, which should give you the login page. Since I have never used Alfresco's default Keycloak integration (which I consider to be naiive / too minimalistic), I don't know whether they managed to mess something up handling this kind of error, so that a 401 of the backend is masked somehow to the client, resulting in the 401 handling not being triggered.

upforsin

Well, sometimes it redirects me directly but sometimes when i.e. PC is wakened up from sleep mode and the token has expired it just shows the error so it must be some kind of a bug.

Anyway, do you know how can I inject the small piece of code which would reload the page? I do not want to override the whole YUI library package just to change one method.

And to be honest, I'm using your alfresco-keycloak addon - it's really great! And I'm looking forward to your Tech Talk Live soon Smiley Very Happy

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
ankitmodi89
Member II

Can @afaus help ?

Need immediate paid technical support for Alfresco community edition :

https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-forum/how-to-access-alfresco-community-edition...

upforsin

@ankitmodi89 Nice spamming Smiley Happy 6 threads with the same question in the last 24h.

It's a community, everyone's here because of the will to help others. For customers with paid support I believe there is another place (Jira?).

howkymike
Alfresco Developer