read index files

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sporuri

read index files

I would like to provide auto completion information of document content indexes as a rest service from a remote client using rest api for all the documents in the repository. How do I provide this rest api? where does alfresco store the content indexes? How can I read these content indexes and provide rest api?

6 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: read index files

Alfresco indices are based on SOLR. From an Alfresco extension running in Repository you cannot just read the index files, but you can use the SOLR APIs that Alfresco provides to execute queries (including faceting / suggestion - if configured as enabled) to provide auto-completion functionalities.

sporuri

ok . thanks. Could you please let me know what solr api function helps me in providing the auto completion similar to alfresco share search window.The alfresco share search window provides auto completion / auto suggest / type ahead for the keywords as we type. I would like to provide similar type from remote client api which connects to Alfresco.

afaust
Master

How about SearchService.query(SearchParameters) - that is the primary Java API to interact with SOLR in Alfresco. The Share UI uses that API internally as well - everything you can do in Alfresco you can find in the SearchParameters and result objects.

sporuri

Thanks. Let me check it up.

sporuri

I need rest api along with parameters that I should use for querying the content indexes  so that it returns list of matching indexes. What you suggested is alfresco extension java api.

For example if I ask for " escape" then it should return me the list of indexes that contain escape.

sporuri

Here is my need. 

1. When you open Alfresco Share application and go to search box at the top right most corner.

2. As soon as you start typing a string in that text box, it shows the list of words, sentences that starts with whatever you typed. 

We are developing DMS framework on top of Alfresco product. We would like to offer above one as a rest api to our framework consumers. How do I implement this feature? How is Alfresco share providing the above auto completion / auto suggestion list based on what you typed?