cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scamby
Member II

Received pdf fax attachments

Jump to solution

We currently receive faxes as email pdf attachments.  I would like to somehow push these into Alfresco to allow users to add keywords for search purposes, etc.  How would I need to set the community edition up to do this as a proof of concept?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
idwright

Re: Received pdf fax attachments

Jump to solution

Probably the most straightforward way to do this would be Managing inbound emails | Alfresco Documentation 

You can then add the email alias aspect to a folder which allows you to set an email address to which you can send your mails - you can then add further actions to do more processing when they are received.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
idwright

Jump to solution

Probably the most straightforward way to do this would be Managing inbound emails | Alfresco Documentation 

You can then add the email alias aspect to a folder which allows you to set an email address to which you can send your mails - you can then add further actions to do more processing when they are received.

scamby
Member II

Jump to solution

Ok.  I'll try that.  Is there any way to add searchable keywords to the email or its attachment once its uploaded to an Alfreso folder?

idwright

Jump to solution

The email will be indexed like any other document, and you can add tags in the usual way.

Other links that might be useful:

There was a presentation on OCR at the BeeCon last year - https://github.com/keensoft/alfresco-simple-ocr, http://beecon.buzz/2016/talks/?id=20160125005

GitHub - deas/contentreich-eml: Contentreich Alfresco RFC822/EML tweaks 

scamby
Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks.  I think that is exactly what I needed.