records-management

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdrodriguez
Active Member II

records-management

Hello, I am working on a project of the file and I need to reuse the Records Management Communit because it presents functionalities common to my business, I downloaded the source code published in https://github.com/Alfresco/records-management to reuse it but I have not been able to configure this code to work with it as they do in the tab they display. Anyone know how you could compile and use this code to make the changes you need and will create the amp?.

3 Replies
eva_vasques
Member II

Re: records-management

Hi Gerardo, we also have the same issue, using the Records Management Module but needing to adapt to our government's recommendations (we're in Portugal). However, we did not opt to change the module but instead we extended it... I believe it's a safer approach, specially if you are planning to someday upgrade your Alfresco.

gdrodriguez
Active Member II

Hi eva, it is very true what you tell me but what I need is to know how it is that the Records Management adds to the alfresco the option of creating a site of type Records Management in order to be able to create the site that I need for my project. I would also like to know how you add new features to Records Management since I have the source code but I do not know how to compile it. Thank you very much for your response.

tpage
Alfresco Employee

Eva is right that extending the module is the way we expect people to work with it. If you want to compile the code then you should be able to do this with:

cd rm-community

mvn clean install

There are instructions for how to start Alfresco for development purposes on our GitHub page: GitHub - Alfresco/records-management: Alfresco Records Management Community code  I didn't realise that we'd missed off how to compile the code to create the amps though.

Hope this helps!

Tom.