Recover from contentstore.deleted ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelc

Recover from contentstore.deleted ?

Jump to solution

First question is it even possible to recover a file object from contentstore.deleted?
I have not seen anything referring to the ability to do so.

So just wondering what value it has ?
Should I set

system.content.eagerOrphanCleanup=true

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cesarista
Customer

Re: Recover from contentstore.deleted ?

Jump to solution

Hi:

The quick answer is no, you can recover the binary file, and changing the .bin extension for the appropiate mimetype, you can open it. But it lacks of any context or filename, site or metadata.

If you do system.content.eagerOrphanCleanup=true once the trashcan is emptied, the file will not be moved to contentstore.deleted but it will be deleted from the file system (contentstore). 

By the way, I prefer to leave it as default (false) and to delete contentstore.deleted manually or via crontab in OS. In general, it is interesting to know how many deletions are doing your users in the repo. Also, it also serves for checking that thrascan cleaner is working properly.

Regards.

--C.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
cesarista
Customer

Re: Recover from contentstore.deleted ?

Jump to solution

Hi:

The quick answer is no, you can recover the binary file, and changing the .bin extension for the appropiate mimetype, you can open it. But it lacks of any context or filename, site or metadata.

If you do system.content.eagerOrphanCleanup=true once the trashcan is emptied, the file will not be moved to contentstore.deleted but it will be deleted from the file system (contentstore). 

By the way, I prefer to leave it as default (false) and to delete contentstore.deleted manually or via crontab in OS. In general, it is interesting to know how many deletions are doing your users in the repo. Also, it also serves for checking that thrascan cleaner is working properly.

Regards.

--C.