cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickchase
Member II

Refresh share-config-custom without restart

Jump to solution

Is it possible to refresh share-config-custom.xml without a Tomcat restart.

I am developing forms with SDK3 jar and am restarting Tomcat each time I make a change - I am sure this isn't the best way to do this.... Smiley Happy

Nick

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
heiko_robert

Re: Refresh share-config-custom without restart

Jump to solution

Sometimes you just need to refresh/reload the Share webscripts (/share/page/index --> Button "Refresh Webscripts"). If that doesn't help you may be quicker by restarting the webapp from the tomcat manager interface or better you put share in a separate tomcat to make restarts much faster.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
heiko_robert

Jump to solution

Sometimes you just need to refresh/reload the Share webscripts (/share/page/index --> Button "Refresh Webscripts"). If that doesn't help you may be quicker by restarting the webapp from the tomcat manager interface or better you put share in a separate tomcat to make restarts much faster.

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

Though the Surf DeclarativeRegistry (handling registered web scripts) and the Surf (XML)ConfigService are two separate components, the base web scripts runtime has been implemented so that a reset of the web scripts also resets the config service. So Heiko's first suggestion should (must) work, though the rest reflects the general best practice of separating the components..