Did you mean: 
paritoshchandor
Member II

Regarding AAAR setup issue for Alfresco 5.1.1 and Pentaho 7

Hello Francesco,

My Alfresco version is 5.1.1

Pentaho version is 7

A.A.A.R version is 4.5.

I am trying to setup AAAR for Alfresco.I was able to get the "AAAR" option in the "Tools" Menu on Pentaho.  

But it is throwing the following error when "AAAR" page come up.It does not show the configuration option in the screen.  "14:59:12,206 ERROR [RepositoryResource] Repository file [Smiley Tongueublic:AAAR:main.wcdf] not found"

I am attaching the snapshot as well as the console error.

It does not throw any error in the pentaho.log.  

Kindly help me with the same.  

Thanks and regards,

Paritosh Chandorkar

13 Replies
fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Re: Regarding AAAR setup issue for Alfresco 5.1.1 and Pentaho 7

Hi Paritosh,

The dashboard is not available in the Pentaho repository and this means AAAR is not properly installed.

Please go through the instructions at the link below to install it correctly.

A.A.A.R. - Install A.A.A.R. - Francesco Corti 

If the problem happens again after following the instructions, please check the catalina.out log file.

There you will probably find the error explaining the issue.

I hope this help you.

paritoshchandor
Member II

Hello Francesco,

I went through the steps for installing A.A.A.R on pentaho.

I have installed the A.A.A.R.

I tried to publish:

I am getting the following error:

ERROR: No repository provided, can't load job.
ERROR: Kitchen can't continue because the job couldn't be loaded.
org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleFileException:

Unable to list jar files in plugin folder 'plugins'

Unable to get VFS File object for filename 'plugins' : Could not find file with URI "C:\Pentaho7\pdi-ce-7.0.0.0-25\data-integration\plugins" because it is a relative path, and no base URI was provided.

Unable to get VFS File object for filename 'plugins' : Could not find file with URI "C:\Pentaho7\pdi-ce-7.0.0.0-25\data-integration\plugins" because it is a relative path, and no base URI was provided.

at org.pentaho.di.core.plugins.PluginFolder.findJarFiles(PluginFolder.java:144)
at org.pentaho.di.core.plugins.PluginFolder.findJarFiles(PluginFolder.java:117)

How to create repository using Spoon on pentaho 7 (pdi)?

Can you share steps with me regarding the same?

Also,

I am getting the following warning during installing AAAR:

"Warning! Please, check logs ignoring errors with description '...Folder/File [...] exists, failing.'."

Can you please help me here.

Thanks and regards, 

Paritosh Chandorkar

fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Hi,

The error you get says you don't have the AAAR correctly installed into your system.

Do you have a AAAR_Kettle and AAAR_DataMart database in your postgresql/mysql instance?

Please:

- Delete the catalina.out log file.

- Install AAAR again.

- Share the catalina.out here so we can check if everything is fine.

Regards.

paritoshchandor
Member II

Hello Francesco,

As per your suggestion I tried to install AAAR.

On the Pentaho AAAR plugin install screen I am still getting the warning:

"Warning! Please, check logs ignoring errors with description '...Folder/File [...] exists, failing.'."

I have deleted earlier catalina.log and am attaching the latest one with this comment.

Also please guide me to set up the kettle repository.

While publishing I am getting the following error:

at org.pentaho.di.core.plugins.PluginFolder.findJarFiles(PluginFolder.java:144)
at org.pentaho.di.core.plugins.PluginFolder.findJarFiles(PluginFolder.java:117)

C:\Pentaho7\pdi-ce-7.0.0.0-25\data-integration>

Thanks and regards,

Paritosh Chandorkar

fcorti
Alfresco Employee

The error you have into the log file talks about a severe issue in the Pentaho repository, not necessarily depending on AAAR.

I'm pretty sure the Pentaho installation is corrupted.

My suggestion is to remove the Pentaho server folder and reinstall it from scratch.

Once Pentaho instance will deleted, please follow the installation tasks described here:

A.A.A.R. - Prerequisites - Francesco Corti 

I hope this will help you.

PS: My suggestion is also to evaluate to use linux instead of Windows.

paritoshchandor
Member II

Hello Francesco,

I have now reinstalled the pentaho 7 server and did the necessary configuration to point to the mysql DB.

I installed the AAAR on Pentaho.

I have extracted the data from my local Alfresco 5.1 setup and then tried to publish the data.

Now the exception has disappeared but am still getting the following error when I run the AAAR_Publish.bat.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

C:\Pentaho7\pdi-ce-7.0.0.0-25\data-integration>"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_121\bin\java.exe" "-Xms1024m" "-Xmx2048m" "-XX:MaxPermSize=256m" "-Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2" "-Djava.library.path=libswt\win64" "-DKETTLE_HOME=" "-DKETTLE_REPOSITORY=" "-DKETTLE_USER=" "-DKETTLE_PASSWORD="
"-DKETTLE_PLUGIN_PACKAGES=" "-DKETTLE_LOG_SIZE_LIMIT=" "-DKETTLE_JNDI_ROOT=" -jar launcher\pentaho-application-launcher-7.0.0.0-25.jar -lib ..\libswt\win64 -main org.pentaho.di.kitchen.Kitchen -initialDir "C:\Pentaho7\pdi-ce-7.0.0.0-25\data-integration"\ /rep:"AAAR_Kettle" /job:"Report all" /dir:/A
lfresco /user:admin /pass:admin /log "C:\Pentaho7\pentaho-server-ce-7.0.0.0-25\pentaho-server\pentaho-solutions\system\AAAR\endpoints\kettle\script\..\logs\AAAR.log" /level:Basic
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
19:01:04,553 INFO [KarafBoot] Checking to see if org.pentaho.clean.karaf.cache is enabled
19:01:07,829 INFO [KarafInstance]
*** Karaf Instance Number: 3 at C:\Pentaho7\pdi-ce-7.0.0.0-25\data-integrat ***
*** ion\.\system\karaf\caches\kitchen\data-1 ***
*** Karaf Port:8804 ***
*** OSGI Service Port:9053 ***
Mar 20, 2017 7:01:08 PM org.apache.karaf.main.Main$KarafLockCallback lockAquired
INFO: Lock acquired. Setting startlevel to 100
2017/03/20 19:01:09 - Kitchen - Logging is at level : Basic
2017/03/20 19:01:09 - Kitchen - Start of run.
2017/03/20 19:01:09 - RepositoriesMeta - Reading repositories XML file: C:\Users\pchandor\.kettle\repositories.xml

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Kindly help me to resolve this error so that the report pdfs can be published on the Alfresco

Thanks and regards,

Paritosh Chandorkar

paritoshchandor
Member II

Hello Francesco,

I have now reinstalled the pentaho 7 server and did the necessary configuration to point to the mysql DB.

I installed the AAAR on Pentaho.

I have extracted the data from my local Alfresco 5.1 setup and then tried to publish the data.

Now the exception has disappeared but am still getting the following error when I run the AAAR_Publish.bat.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

C:\Pentaho7\pdi-ce-7.0.0.0-25\data-integration>"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_121\bin\java.exe" "-Xms1024m" "-Xmx2048m" "-XX:MaxPermSize=256m" "-Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2" "-Djava.library.path=libswt\win64" "-DKETTLE_HOME=" "-DKETTLE_REPOSITORY=" "-DKETTLE_USER=" "-DKETTLE_PASSWORD="
"-DKETTLE_PLUGIN_PACKAGES=" "-DKETTLE_LOG_SIZE_LIMIT=" "-DKETTLE_JNDI_ROOT=" -jar launcher\pentaho-application-launcher-7.0.0.0-25.jar -lib ..\libswt\win64 -main org.pentaho.di.kitchen.Kitchen -initialDir "C:\Pentaho7\pdi-ce-7.0.0.0-25\data-integration"\ /rep:"AAAR_Kettle" /job:"Report all" /dir:/A
lfresco /user:admin /pass:admin /log "C:\Pentaho7\pentaho-server-ce-7.0.0.0-25\pentaho-server\pentaho-solutions\system\AAAR\endpoints\kettle\script\..\logs\AAAR.log" /level:Basic
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
19:01:04,553 INFO [KarafBoot] Checking to see if org.pentaho.clean.karaf.cache is enabled
19:01:07,829 INFO [KarafInstance]
*** Karaf Instance Number: 3 at C:\Pentaho7\pdi-ce-7.0.0.0-25\data-integrat ***
*** ion\.\system\karaf\caches\kitchen\data-1 ***
*** Karaf Port:8804 ***
*** OSGI Service Port:9053 ***
Mar 20, 2017 7:01:08 PM org.apache.karaf.main.Main$KarafLockCallback lockAquired
INFO: Lock acquired. Setting startlevel to 100
2017/03/20 19:01:09 - Kitchen - Logging is at level : Basic
2017/03/20 19:01:09 - Kitchen - Start of run.
2017/03/20 19:01:09 - RepositoriesMeta - Reading repositories XML file: C:\Users\pchandor\.kettle\repositories.xml

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Kindly help me to resolve this error so that the report pdfs can be published on the Alfresco

Thanks and regards,

Paritosh Chandorkar

fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Hi Paritosh,

Ok, nice.

Pelase confirm:

- You have the AAAR_DataMart database into the MySql instance.

- The table dm_dim_documents is full of rows (no matter how many rows but at least a bunch of rows).

The error you get tells AAAR is not properly installed.

With my questions I want to be sure you have AAAR correctly installed (question n.1) and the extraction tasks succeed (question n.2).

Regards

paritoshchandor
Member II

Hello Francesco,

My understanding is AAAR_DataMart and AAAR_Kettle should be used automatically while installation.I read that in one of the forum comments..Both arent happening when I am installing AAAR on pentaho 7.

Instead I am getting the error

Even when i create the schema AAAR_DataMart in MySQL it does not work.

Installation is not working properly.Extraction script succeeds but AAAR.log does not get updated.

Publishing script runs into the error:

Could not find files in "file:///C:/Pentaho7/pdi-ce-7.0.0.0-25/data-integration/plugins".

Could not find files in "file:///C:/Pentaho7/pdi-ce-7.0.0.0-25/data-integration/plugins".

Kindly help me with installation extraction and publishing actions of the AAAR 

Please Note: Attaching the latest catalina.bat for your reference.

Thanks and regards,

Paritosh Chandorkar