Reindex alfresco 6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sistemi
Active Member II

Reindex alfresco 6

Hello everybody, we modified the content model in our Alfresco community 6.1 to add new properties to the documents. In Alfresco 5.x we were used to perform a full reindex to make new documents searchable with new properties, so we did the same in Alfresco 6:

1- Stopped Alfresco and Solr

2- Deleted indexes:

rm -f /opt/solr/solrhome/archive/index/*
rm -f /opt/solr/solrhome/alfresco/index/*
rm -f /opt/solr/solrhome/alfrescoModels/*
rm -rf /opt/solr/contentstore/_DEFAULT_/db/*

3- Restarted Alfresco and Solr.

New indexes files are created, but documents searches are not working correctly, especially using IN_TREE clause. (Like this forum question: https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-forum/cmis-query-using-in-tree-and-multi-value... )

Are we doing something wrong? Moreover, in the logs we see lines like this:

WARN  (Thread-12) [   ] o.a.s.AlfrescoCoreAdminHandler alfresco already exists, not creating again.

And we do not see lines about recreating indexes, like the ones we saw on Alfresco 5.x, e.g. Solr index directory '<ALFRESCO_HOME>/alf_data/solr/workspace/SpacesStore/index' doesn't exist. Creating new index...

3 Replies
rginhoux
Member II

Re: Reindex alfresco 6

Hi, I am geting into a similar issue with Alfresco Community 6.2. Search is not working despite deleting the contents of directories as above. Any idea to solve this issue?

kaynezhang
Advanced

Which version of search service are you using ,for search service 1.4.x you should try to delete following folders
${solr_dir}/solrhome/alfresco
${solr_dir}/solrhome/achive
${solr_dir}/data
rginhoux
Member II

My alfresco installation is the Alfresco Community Edition 201911 GA, so I believe this is with search services 1.4. According to the alfresco log, this is Alfresco 6.2.0. Solr is in version 6. I have migrated from Alfresco 5.2.0 where solr4 was used so I have to reindex the contents because I have not imported the old indices in the new server.

I believe the data directory ${solr_dir}/data you mention is actually /opt/bitnami/apache-solr/server/contenstore/ under my Bitnami installation, because no other directory is named data. Deleting this directory as mentionned by sistemi previously or in Alfresco online documentation (https://docs.alfresco.com/6.0/tasks/solr-reindex.html) does not help.

Actually, after restarting solr on cleaned folders to do the reindexing, I can observe during several minutes that the index directories have a size increasing (good signal!), but also sometimes decreasing (strange behavior!).

> du /opt/bitnami/apache-solr/server/solr/*/index

Even worse, after some time the solr.log is filled in every 10 s by a recurring exception (10 s is the default period found in a config file), so it means the reindexing process has completed but some error prevent it to stop in a clean manner? Googling the exception I did not find relevant help yet. I will copy the exception details here but it is about ".... AbstractTracker Tracking failed for AclTracker - archive => ..." and "... AbstractTracker Tracking failed for MetadataTracker - archive => ..."

While the reindex process is running, I can still access afresco. But, after coming to the 10 s recurring exception, the issue is that the alfresco server is then becoming not responding at all. I have to restart the serveur and then stop solr to be able to connect to alfresco and navigate the repository and access documents in a normal way.

As sistemi commented, I believe some step is missing in the documentation to perform a full reindex of solr6 in alfresco 6.2?

What do you think?