Replacing default document metadata with custom properties at document library view

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zputnoky
Established Member

Replacing default document metadata with custom properties at document library view

Dear All,

I am working on a mock-up and come up with the following issue:

• Designed a company wide content model
  • this model has a type
  • the type has several attributes which are filled by the operator at document upload. This is done via the uploader plus module

I would like to replace the default metadata in the document library with the custom properties, appr. 6 of them

The content model is working fine, properties are displayed when document details are dispalyed

Is there a way to achieve this?

Currently using Alfresco Community Edition 5.2 (all-in-one)

Thanks alot for your help,

Zsolt Putnoky

5 Replies
openpj

Re: Replacing default document metadata with custom properties at document library view

You should define a new form configuration snipped inside the file:

<ALFRESCO_HOME>/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/web-extension/share-config-custom.xml

This file will override all the default forms that you see in Share.

Take a look at the following tutorial:

Share configuration for custom types and properties | Alfresco Documentation 

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

zputnoky
Established Member

Re: Replacing default document metadata with custom properties at document library view

Hi Piergiorgio,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the tutorial already. My issue is that as this is a mock-up I do not have the full development environment in place. I tried to achieve this by modifying XML files.

Here is the tutorial I used today:

https://marcelloborsetto.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/show-custom-metadata-in-alfresco-file-list/

I guess you will understand more than I do as I do not speak Italian at all (guess you do). So, did the tutorial, catalina out is okay, no error message, but no property displayed. My main issue was/is that I do not know where to specify the content type in the code examples.

I added the code into the share-documentlibrary-config.xml as I thought this is the file rendering the view. I will try to add it to the file you mentioned.

Thanks alot once more,

Zsolt Putnoky

zputnoky
Established Member

Hi Piergiorgio,

Solved the issue! Did a typo. Now I need to figure out how to display more than one property in the same line, then all is good for this issue.

Have a good weekend,

Zsolt Putnoky

douglascrp
Advanced II

I don't know if you were able to solve your problem, but in order to put more than one property in the same line, all you have to do is to put it after the first one you added.

<line index="20" id="descrizioneTec" evaluator="evaluator.doclib.metadata.descrizioneTec">{descrizioneTec}</line>

becomes

<line index="20" id="descrizioneTec" evaluator="evaluator.doclib.metadata.descrizioneTec">{descrizioneTec}{otherProperty}</line>

zputnoky
Established Member

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for the reply. Managed to solve it using something similar to what you proposed. Now I will try to combine more than one property into one evaluator. Have around 10 to check for each document, so I will create property groups and one evaluator for each group. Hope to reduce the code this way.

Regards,

Zsolt Putnoky