Replication Target read only

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ehelfrich

Replication Target read only

Jump to solution

For various reasons I need to move an alfresco repository from one host to another.  I configured the replication service between the target and the source and am trying to figure out how to set the replicated content to not be read only in alfresco-global.properties.  I have added replication.readOnly=false in both the target and source repositories and run the replication service but it doesn't seem to be working as the content is read only.  After the initial replication is done it will not be run again.

The only other thoughts I had were i could remove the cm:lockable and trx:transferred from the content but I can't seem to get around the PERSISTENT lock on the node.  I think that if I copy the content to another folder that the copied content does not have the aspects and functions normally but I don't want to have to do that because we have a lot of content.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ehelfrich

Re: Replication Target read only

Jump to solution

Solution.  The best way to do this as far as I can tell:  Replicate your data once, let's say the folder name is OriginalFolder from source to target.  In the target repository rename the folder something say-- OriginalFolderRO.  Copy the content from the OriginalFolderRO to OriginalFolder.  This removes the transferred and locked aspects.  To delete the OriginalFolderRO create an empty OriginalFolderRO on the source and replicate it to the target.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
hardik_thakkar
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi,

As per this enable-target-repository-in-editable-form post, for community edition,target repository is only allowed to work in read only mode.

If you are able to find any alternate solution, please post here.

Thanks,

Hardik

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @ehelfrich ,

Have you considered taking a backup & retoring that on the new server?

HTH,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
ehelfrich

Jump to solution

That is how I got to this place -- the original database was built on latin1 character set in mysql.  It will not import and work -- alf_node_properties contains some blob serialized objects among other thing-- so this is the workaround vs pultting everything in a series of acp's and moving them manually.  Not sure why I can't remove the aspects in the target system though -- specifically lockable and the trx one.  

ehelfrich

Jump to solution

You should be able to override the value in global properties even so.  Not sure why that didn't work

ehelfrich

Jump to solution

Solution.  The best way to do this as far as I can tell:  Replicate your data once, let's say the folder name is OriginalFolder from source to target.  In the target repository rename the folder something say-- OriginalFolderRO.  Copy the content from the OriginalFolderRO to OriginalFolder.  This removes the transferred and locked aspects.  To delete the OriginalFolderRO create an empty OriginalFolderRO on the source and replicate it to the target.