Reports and Escalations in Form based Workflow.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syedjunaid
Active Member II

Reports and Escalations in Form based Workflow.

Jump to solution

Hello everyone, 

I am using Alfresco v6.0.a (dockerized), I have deployed Alfresco for a local client and have configured multiple Form based workflows for them, the clients has come up with a couple of requirements. His first request is that "a specific user  should see a report of the process of the workflow, user should have some kind of a report dashlet or an integration that shows the current status of the workflow that either it is on second layer of approval or either it is finally approved." So here my question arises that  is there any possible solution to integrate reporting in Folder Based Workflows.

I know pre-configured adhock tasks and workflows have complete details in them but our client wants to have a reporting tool associated with Folder Based Workflows. Any solution that indicates the status of the workflow will help me to fulfill my client's requirement.

The second requirement of my client is to allocate escalation in Folder based workflows like providing a specific deadline to the approver and after that deadline a specific  user should be emailed or notified that the approver has not approved the document. Is there any possible solution to integrate escalation in Folder based workflows?

Your help would be highly appreciated

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
upforsin

Re: Reports and Escalations in Form based Workflow.

Jump to solution

@kaynezhang is right. It is compatible with JDK8. But you can easily get it run on Java 11. Just create a new project from Alfresco Maven archetype with the latest SDK and copy-paste files from -platform and -share directories. Then you can post it on Github, I'll create a new Github branch for Java 11 Smiley Very Happy 

howkymike
Alfresco Developer

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sanjaybandhniya
Intermediate

Jump to solution

Hi,

1) https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-add/workflow-reporting/td-p/290775 Check this for reporting.

2)You can create daily job which will process all running workflow and check that duedate base on logic and then you can send email to assignee or manager for escalation.

Syedjunaid
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Sanjay,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on my post but the project page of the reporting add-on is not accessible. Is there any other source avialable for the reporting tool?

Regards,

Syed Junaid Hussain

upforsin

Jump to solution

Yeah, that's sad, I was also looking for such a thing while ago.

Recently I have created a similar extension. When I will have more time I will make it open-source. If you don't want to wait you can contact me directly and I will provide you with the details.

https://howkymike.github.io/alfrescoAddons.html

EDIT. I published the addon:

https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-add/workflow-summary-dashlet/m-p/300792

howkymike
Alfresco Developer
Syedjunaid
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Sanjay,

I cloned the project and the amps were built succesfully but after the installation of the amps when I login into the Alfresco, I got the following the error in my logs.

Error loading class [com.howkymike.workflow.MyWorkflowPermissionInterceptor] for bean with name 'WorkflowService_security' defined in class path resource [alfresco/module/workflow-summary-platform/context/service-context.xml]: problem with class file or dependent class; nested exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/howkymike/workflow/MyWorkflowPermissionInterceptor has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0 (unable to load class [com.howkymike.workflow.MyWorkflowPermissionInterceptor])

Any idea what could have gone wrong ?

Regards,

Syed Junaid Hussain

kaynezhang
Advanced

Jump to solution

This error shows  that class  

com.howkymike.workflow.MyWorkflowPermissionInterceptor

was compiled at a higher version of Java than the version with which you tried to run it. More specifically, in your case, you compiled the  class with Java 11 and tried to run it with Java 8.

You  should compile your code on JDK 8

upforsin

Jump to solution

@kaynezhang is right. It is compatible with JDK8. But you can easily get it run on Java 11. Just create a new project from Alfresco Maven archetype with the latest SDK and copy-paste files from -platform and -share directories. Then you can post it on Github, I'll create a new Github branch for Java 11 Smiley Very Happy 

howkymike
Alfresco Developer